SOLD - B&K Reference 200.7 (200 x 7) Amp - SOLD

Youthman

• Moderators

SOLD

Selling my B&K 200.7 Home Theater Amplifier. This amp is an absolute beast of an amp weighing 76lbs and delivering a solid continuous 200 watts x 7 @ 8ohm, 375 watts x 7 @ 4ohm and delivers 75amps peak to peak. THX Ultra Certified. Beautiful clarity, tight bottom end and great separation.

Unit is in perfect working condition and does not have any hum or buzz in any of the channels.

Has some scratches on the sides and top (see photos for details) and some white dots on the faceplate.

I would rather sell locally since I do not have the original box but I would be willing to ship if no local parties express interest.

Willing to meet up to 1hr away for local buyers.

Selling for $950 + shipping.

BK-2007-1.jpg

BK-2007-2.jpg

BK-2007-4.jpg

BK-2007-5.jpg

BK-2007-6.jpg

BK-2007-8.jpg

Edited by Youthman
SOLD

• Moderators

Thx guys. I picked it up a few weeks ago. I've never owned any B&K gear but have heard willland's B&K's and they always sounded great with his RF-63's so I thought I'd give it a try. I was curious to see how it compares to my Sherbourn and Acurus amps. I've been swamped with design projects so so I haven't had a chance to bring it into the HT to swap with the Sherbourn. The more I think about it, it's going to be a royal pain to move that 120 lb amp just to do a side by side comparison with the B&K, especially since it's not easy to get behind the amp. It's just something I don't have time to do right now. I'm in the middle of designing 5 websites and am waiting on deposits for 5 more so I'm really trying to get these finished before those next deposits come in. Was up till 2am last night working on an ecommerce site for one of my customers. Took my son to school at 7am so I'm sleep deprived. :P

I have had it hooked up via 2ch in my living room to the RF-7ii's since I bought it and don't hear any difference between it and the Acurus (willland probably could LOL). Both amps sound great, very detailed, powerful and really drive the RF-7ii's with authority. I've decided that since my Sherbourn has 7 monoblocks in 1 chassis and is in near mint condition, it would be the better of the two to keep.

One day I'd be curious to pick up a Krell or a Classe amp to see if the next tier amps offer any sonic difference than what I'm using now. My guess is my ears won't hear much difference. I've had a chance to compare a few amps (Parasound, Acurus & Sherbourn) in my setup. All 3 were 200 watt x ch amps and I "might" have heard very subtle differences but could not verbalize what my ears were hearing. All 3 sounded so similar, I'm not sure I could have picked them out in a blind test.

You were at Vero Beach and didn't swing by? Shame on you. :D Would have loved to have met you and your family.

Buy mine for $1000 or this guy's for $1850. ;)

Well I was flying solo and did a round trip from Charleston in the same day and carrying precious cargo on the return trip ;). We'll get down there as a family in the near future and come see you guys.

And I wouldn't sell my 200.7 even for $1,850. That should not last long at all.

• Moderators

I found the manual online and have uploaded it here. Below are the specs from the manual.

Power Rating:
8 ohms 200 watts @ 1 kHz
4 ohms 375 watts @ 1 kHz

THD (S+N) 0.09 % @ 1 kHz

Frequency response 5 Hz – 45 kHz

Input sensitivity RCA unbalanced 1.4 Volts

Input sensitivity XLR balanced 2.8 Volts Pin 1 = Gnd, 2 = In +, 3 = In -

Input impedance 33.2 k ohms

Damping factor 450

Current (peak to peak) 75 Amps

Slew rate 14 V / sec

Dynamic headroom 1.2 dB

S/N (A-weighted) 95 dB

Voltage gain 28

Line voltage 120/220/240 VAC switchable

Dimensions (O.A.) 17”(w) X 19.25”(d) X 7.75”(h)

Weight 78 lbs. max.

Power consumption
1830 watts max
17.5 Amps max current draw
130 watts @ no input

Replacement fuses
Line - 15 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Rails - 6 Amp/250 Volt T-Lag
Speaker - 6 Amp/250 Volt T-Lag
In-rush - 2 Amp/250 Volt Slow Blow
Control - 0.5 Amp/250 Volt Fast Blow

Edited by Youthman