Audyssey products

jason str

Thanks, i will look into all these options.

Never knew there were any other products available besides Audyssey.

It just didn't make sense to go looking for a multichannel preamp or receiver when i would only be using 2 of them.

I'm actually pretty happy with my current setup but like anybody else thinks there's always room for improvements

When will the manufactures start producing Audyssey products for us 2 channel guys ?

I'm never going to have a multichannel system for serious listening.

Anybody here with me on this ?

No need, if you don't hook up speakers to a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver, Audyssey ignores them on the second go-round (out of 3 or 6) and you end up with 2.1 with extra power supply umph on the remaining 2 channels, or you can just use the Pre-Outs to whatever 2 ch. and sub amps you have and it will still do it's thing on the signal side.

It just didn't make sense to go looking for a multichannel preamp or receiver when i would only be using 2 of them.

I'm actually pretty happy with my current setup but like anybody else thinks there's always room for improvements

Those other product$$$$ are pricey options. Just get a Mini DSP 2x4 for $105, a $20 Radio Shack 12V. power supply, the Mini USP UMIK test microphone, and free REW software for your laptop. About $210 total. http://www.minidsp.com/

Forgot to mention the custom 2.1 Mini DSP plug-in is $10, so about $220 for the whole thing..........automatic room correction. You can also do all kinds of other measurements with REW besides the Auto Mini DSP stuff. Just got mine yesterday, so I will keep you posted on progress, or lack thereof, if that's the case. LOL.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Forgot to mention the custom 2.1 Mini DSP plug-in is $10, so about $220 for the whole thing..........automatic room correction. You can also do all kinds of other measurements with REW besides the Auto Mini DSP stuff. Just got mine yesterday, so I will keep you posted on progress, or lack thereof, if that's the case. LOL.

That would be frequency correction only. The Mini dsp won't do corrections in the time domain like the others will.

Those other product$$$$ are pricey options. Just get a Mini DSP 2x4 for $105, a $20 Radio Shack 12V. power supply, the Mini USP UMIK test microphone, and free REW software for your laptop. About $210 total. http://www.minidsp.com/

That looks like a great tool & won't empty the pocketbook.

I just had a look at the websight and i think it will suit my needs perfectly.

Keep me up to date with your progress Claude.

That would be frequency correction only. The Mini dsp won't do corrections in the time domain like the others will.

But of course. I would still use Audyssey for the room, which I have on 3 receivers.

But of course. I would still use Audyssey for the room, which I have on 3 receivers.

The comment was more for the OP. Just wanted to be sure he knew what he was getting. The mini dsp is very versatile and relatively inexpensive but it's not Audyssey.