Panasonic Plasma Buzzing Noise

fuzzydog

DVI is better than VGA, is that right ?

Yes DVI is better than VGA. DVI is digital where as VGA is analog. DVI can be exceptional when connecting a TV display to a computer with the best control of picture adjustment and quality DVI can be better than HDMI.

No buzzing or sound coming from my Panasonic plasma display.

My old Kuro definitely would generate some heat too it was a very light buzz that would only occur with a large white screen. My new one doesn’t buzz but it will slightly flicker maybe 1 time out of every 6-7 movies and uually only for a second or two but I only pop on a movie once in a while downstairs in the living room I usually watch tv shows there or just listen to music.

My 1 year old Panasonic Plasma doubles as a Space Heater; nice now, not so nice in summer.

My Panasonic plasma does not put off any noticeable heat.

I just remembered that I once saw something which related plasma buzzing to altitude, the higher the altitude where you live the more likely buzzing problems seem to occur from what I read.

My 1 year old Panasonic Plasma doubles as a Space Heater; nice now, not so nice in summer.

My Panasonic plasma does not put off any noticeable heat.

I just remembered that I once saw something which related plasma buzzing to altitude, the higher the altitude where you live the more likely buzzing problems seem to occur from what I read.

I'm only 25' above sea level...myth debunked.

• Like 1

I've seen references online to a defective transformer causing a buzzing noise on some units.

A few minutes ago, I checked my Panasonic plasma (2011 VT-30, 65") with the sound muted and all windows closed, and it's totally silent.

You can feel a bit of heat on your face if you're within two feet of the screen, but in a country where we heat our homes for eight of twelve months in most years any heat is useful.

The picture quality is the best I've ever seen on a TV, and when watching shows that show large sweeping vistas, like Hawaii Five-0, I sometimes pause the PVR for a few seconds to enjoy the sight.