Quiet Rock

thebes

Nice link. looks great..thanks thebes

My pleasure. If I ever get up the energy maybe I'll break out a wall or two and give it a try.

I'm just wondering, if you used it for a whole room if you might not end up with a "dead" room. I know some advocate a "dead room' but other think that a certain amount of sound bouncing around actually adds to the liveliness of the sound.

The same thought crossed my mind. I like dead rooms myself although i believe we are imagining the truly dead room. I will save the link for use in the future. Very useful. Front facing wall this would be premium. I have had friends in concrete/brick wall basements who find the whatever you can call it bouncing around endlessly priceless sound. Its actually quite nerve racking and that doesnt describe it. Theres no way to get through to some of them as well. Nails acrossed chalk board is better in i would prefer a controlled room.

This is premium acoustics wall for use is premium sound rooms which would result in both stopping transmission of sound into adjacent rooms as well as room treatment such as bass traps etc...

Im keeping all these great ideas for when I retire in another state, because by the time I do retire Calif will outlaw anything that works.

Friggin Commie state. god I hate this place.

Thanx for these great ideas guys, they will come in handy .....

minermark,

Tell us how you really feel--LOL. But honestly I live here too and there are times I wish I didn't. But then I remember shoveling snow back east when I was growing up and I count my blessings.

babadono

• Like 1

1 Lowes store in town carries it and it's about $45.00 a sheet. 5/8 drywall $12.00 a sheet the the green glue and you use a lot of it. So you come out about $10.00 or less a sheet. The Quiterock is only 1/2 thick and 2 sheets of 3/8 with green glue is about 7/8 thicker. I will be using Quiterock on the ceiling as I can't lose almost a inch of height. They say it's equal to 5 sheets of drywall but I think that is without green glue.

1 Lowes store in town carries it and it's about $45.00 a sheet. 5/8 drywall $12.00 a sheet the the green glue and you use a lot of it. So you come out about $10.00 or less a sheet. The Quiterock is only 1/2 thick and 2 sheets of 3/8 with green glue is about 7/8 thicker. I will be using Quiterock on the ceiling as I can't lose almost a inch of height. They say it's equal to 5 sheets of drywall but I think that is without green glue.

So you are saying the Quietrock is less, or that the drywall/green glue is less?

Seems to me if you used it the front wall, front ceiling and maybe down the sides aways, the cost wouldn't be that bad. Of course, if you did it this way it could affect the whole rest of the room. Maybe.

If you used it for the whole room, it could probably add two or 3 hundred to a project, which is not to bad if you are already putting decent to great stereo/ht gear in the room. Wire runs and such could easily cost that much.

Drywall with green glue may be a bit cheaper. Quietrock does work. One of my TV control rooms and the studio had Quietrock on the other side of the wall with roxuel insulation. You can crank the music in both rooms and to other side and you don;t hear anything. That said we don't use any subs in those studios..

I was looking at Quietrock and i found out that the one that is being compared is their least effective and least expensive one. If you get Quietrocks best product it is around $100 a sheet, which I believe is the ones that is supposed to be better than multiple layers of drywall.

I was looking at Quietrock and i found out that the one that is being compared is their least effective and least expensive one. If you get Quietrocks best product it is around $100 a sheet, which I believe is the ones that is supposed to be better than multiple layers of drywall.

Ouch! Now that would add up fast.

• Like 1

That has RF shielding and most will not need that. Also no cell service can we say faraday cage. The Lowes by me has Quiterock 500 that is 1/2 " but you can order 525 that is 5/8. There are 2 things that I see. That is it weighs 3.3 lbs per sq. ft. My back hurts already. Plus they want $66.00 a sheet. I'm getting closer to dry walling, but I need to decide what I will use.