CRAIGSLIST FINDS- What did you get?

Woofers and Tweeters

An idea stolen from another thread:

I thought it could be cool to have a thread to tell about something we’ve scored. Regardless (some say irregardless) of where it’s found - Craigslist, ebay, neighbor’s garage sale, curb finds, dumpster diving expedition, stolen from your church, other forum, etc…, or what you got – speakers, amp, mail order bride, table saw – it’s just an opportunity to share your story. Was it worth the drive, what it cost, was there an eviction notice on your door when you got home? Share to price if you want, say something nice, or talk smack about the deal. And yes, maybe this should be in the lounge section.

I’ll go first.

Hi, my name is James and I’m an addict. My first pair of Klipsch came from a Craigslist find. They were Birch Heresy and in the same town, so I didn’t have to drive too far. When I got home, I didn’t try to dispute other’s opinion that they were big speakers, nor did I know the potency and the stepping stone effect with which I was dealing. :wacko:

• Like 2

Hi, my name is Billy, some say silly, or belly. It is all good. I found a pair of RF-3 for $100 in St. Augustine, Fl. I spent an extra hour in Jacksonville with my fiance trying to come back home to Tallahassee area. Roadtrip with her was nice and she likes the speakers. Unreal but alright!

• Like 1

Hi my name is toolz, the story behind the name is a different story for a different time, I have a problem, I am a addict.

My first pair of Klipsch were purchased at a local community yard sale a few years back. I was not looking for speakers just an inexpensive receiver for the garage. I found a old Sansui receiver for ten dollars and the couple said why don't you take the speakers with the receiver. They were a pair of 1979 Heresys. I was hooked.

My wife says I am a crazy man and rolls her eyes when I say lets take a ride. "Where are they this time" she says and off we go. I have accumulated 7 pairs of various Klipsch speakers in 3 years. I also have acquired numerous parts and pieces. I have a problem.

Recently there were two great deals on the forum one for a pair of Jubs and a pair of Palladium P-39F. I started to hyperventilate over the thought of the possibility of owning either of these Klipsch speaker systems. Now both sets were at least a 14 hour ride one way for me. I sat a the keyboard palms sweating, heart racing, ready to type a reply and out of nowhere the wife with the female 6th sense put a stop to my next fix. All is lost... :wink:. Maybe next time.

I know many of you out there have a similar problem, so lets all join in and have some fun.

• Like 2

Yes, I am proud to have a problem (and lucky to still have a wife).

The best deals I have gotten with many miles traveled:

JBL L65A (needed refoamed) for $22 (goodwill)

Walnut Forte with Yamaha MX-1000 and CX-600 for $150

Oak KLF-30s for $100

Rough black CF-3s v1 for $60

Rough La Scalas for $75

RF-83s with Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH receiver for $800

Walnut Klipschorns for $800

Walnut Belles for $1100 (completed my vintage collection)

I have gotten a lot of other good deals, but those are the highlights.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 1

Oak KLF-30s for $100

Rough La Scalas for $75

wow, those are some great deals! We're in the same hood. I'd love to hear your set up some time and get some tips on your bargaining strategies!!

I've gotten several deals off of Craigs, but probably the best deal and the fact that they are Klipsch, was a pair of KG4s for $20. The cabinets weren't great, but was an easy refurb project and the drivers were all in fine shape. This was the first Klipsch speaker I owned from an older/heritage like line and was very pleased with what I heard! However they are for sale, look below for my link. :emotion-21:

Oak KLF-30s for $100

Rough La Scalas for $75

wow, those are some great deals! We're in the same hood. I'd love to hear your set up some time and get some tips on your bargaining strategies!!

A bit of OCD and a multistate CL search. You have to be quick to get the best deals.

Where are you located Lemon string?

Thanks to Forum Member Craig List:

got the pair of Heresy II "Signature Edition" shown in my Avatar & Gallery; still the prettiest speakers I've ever seen: $400

another pair of Heresy II, Walnut Oiled $250

kg3, Walnut Oiled $200

KM-4 (KG 3.5), ksc-c1 center, km-rsw SW, KSB 1.1 Surround, 2 Kenwood CD players (one 100 disc), 2 DVD players & a Kenwood AVR: $200

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 1

Today I promised myself I would bring up Craigs list covering everything from Frisco to Reno, (im in the middle), if I see a deal, I WILL post it on the forum.

Since my slant is toward Tubes and Klipsch, that is what I will post.

Edited by minermark

• 2 weeks later...

My second pair of Klipsch had more than one surprise. I watched a pair of Forte stay on the local CL for several weeks. I wasn’t much interested in the Forte, I wanted the Chorus. I finally called about the Forte and agreed to give them a chance. When I got there, he had them hooked up to and old-skule Realistic receiver. After a few songs, I agreed to buy them. I asked if he had any receivers for sale. He came out with a Luxman R1050. When I got home, I was able to hear what a step up from the Heresy that the Forte really are. I called the seller back to see if he was willing to sale the Realistic. I came home with a Realistic STA 2300 and a Kenwood KR 9600. The Realistic and Forte were a syringe of Klipsch that furthered my addition. B)

I was so pleasantly surprised: I give the Forte two thumbs up. I hadn’t heard a Realistic since shortly after high school. Shocking as it might sound, I sold the KR 9600 and would buy another Realistic right now – what a tank. The Luxman is in my office with a pair of KG4 just looking good, because I can't turn them up during normal business hours. :angry:

I love Craigs. Luckily, I am up here in Alaska so I can't indulge in large metro or multi state area searches. I still look almost every day. That would be huge trouble for my marriage. Here are my best finds:

Marantz 2226b for $80

Marantz 2270 for $100

Heresy in raw birch for $450

Then just last week the hands down, best find ever for me.

Two walnut Klipshorn and one walnut Belle for $525!

My other hobby, home improvement, a few of my scores:

$25,000 in solid wood doors and Emtek Hardware - $600

$16,000 in kitchen appliances (new w/ small scratch) - $4000 (48" Monogram fridge, Monogram hood and 36" stove, Profile double oven and Profile dishwasher)

$4200 grandfather clock - $800

$7000 3 piece leather couch set in perfect condition - $700

Forgot to add, $12,000 Henredon solid mahogany bed (bed frame only - crazy expensive) - $600 - I designed and had a custom Mahogany bedroom set built to match the bed frame.

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns

• 1 month later...

I just purchased three KP-201's for $300. I have my fingers crossed that they are as described (working and in good condition). I have only seen one picture. :)

I'm not sure of an application for them yet, but if I were setting up another garage surround system, I would use them as the front 3, and one of the pairs of my KPT-200's as the rears. Why do I have so darn many speakers?