CRAIGSLIST FINDS- What did you get?

Woofers and Tweeters

Several great deals but this was by far my best......... 550.00 if you take all four....OK

Wow.  Sweet deals.

I normally win this game, but with Youthman's RF package and the 4 Belles...

I have gotten:

$100 Fortes

$150 walnut forte pair w/ Yamaha MX-1000 and CX-600

$100 pair minty HBR Heresy with NAD tuner, preamp and amp.

$60 CF-3

$100 pair minty KP-2000-C (with the help of a forum member)

$100 pair oak KLF-30

$350 pair Chorus

$350 pair Chorus II (twice)

$450 Chorus IIs and an academy

$550 for (4) KLF-20

$75 rough La Scala

etc.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 2

OK, one more: I was 16 years old and had just gotten my drivers license. I needed something to drive. The year was 1979. I was riding with my parents not too far from home and spotted the coolest 1955 2 door Ford sitting with flat tires all around and covered with leaves/tree debris in a backyard. I went and knocked on the door. An older guy, I'm guessing in his 70s answered the door. I  introduced myself and inquired about the car. Then it got pretty cool. He looked over his shoulder and hollered "Martha, this young man wants that old car out back". She came to the door and looked me over, Then those two looked at each other and grinned. "How does $125 sound?" "Do you have that much?" she asked. I told her that I did and would be back tomorrow to close the deal.

That next day mom drove me back to the house. I handed over the money, got the title and a bill of sale and went to work. I had collected two gallons of gas and a bicycle pump from the house. I pumped up all four of those tires by hand with a bike pump, connected jumper cables, and poured just a little gas down the carb. You know that thing fired on about the second try. I had it running in just a few minutes. Drove it on home and continued to drive that car for years. It was kinda rough on my cute little girlfriends with the rusted out floor pans on rainy days, but what a cool ride to drive to high school in.    

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 2

I've been hitting craigslist pretty hard to upgrade my system lately. I went from having a carver receiver and a pair of nht bookshelves to what i bought below in the last month or two

EAR 834L Deluxe and Welbourne labs Laurel monoblocks w/ ultimate upgrade and extra set of kr audio 300b's $1000

klipsch heresy raw birch $225

klipsch cornwalls (rough) $300

Klipsch KSW-300 Sub $60

Altec Lansing Model 14's $100

while i was coming up with a restoration plan for the cornwalls i found some altec model 14's for 100 bucks today. the ad just said studio monitors but had a picture. so i hightailed it over there. they were in a storage locker of a nice older lady. she had them reconed. the grilled were in great shape. only bad thing is i broke off one of the grille mounts when i was loading it. 

Too many to list but limiting to Klipsch brand (not including gas and time) and what I remember:

KG2: $15

KG4: $20

2 pairs of Heresy: $85 and $50.

KSP 400's: $70

KSF-C5: $50

Original Forte: $100

KLF10: $65

2 KV-2: $25 each

Set of SF-2, SC-1, SS-1: $65

etc...

Edited by Mystery
  • Like 1

From Craigslist: All in great or like new condition. Took about 2 years to collect it all, not much Craigslist list activity in my area.

Still patiently waiting for another subwoofer to show up.

RF-5's: $200

RC-62ii: $175

RS-52's: $150

RW-10D: $120

Onkyo tx-nr818: $350

Minor Thread Drift:

I've been going through CL today (a month after Christmas) and there are a LOT of Christmas gift TV's, "new" Ipad's with general descriptions, and other electronics for sale, for usually about 30-50% off (300 ipad 2 for 150).  I'm cautions by nature, but a lot of these which are posted without pictures, make me suspicious.  I might like to get an Ipad for my wife for cheap, but I don't feel comfortable with these kinds of ads.  http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/ele/4841788940.html

Thoughts?  Recommendations?

+++

ALSO:  There are a lot of NIB tubes in the Charleston, WV CL right now.  Just a heads-up for you tube guys, this is one listing, but there are a couple more:

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/ele/4825923029.html

Edited by wvu80

Like many of you I have scored more than a few deals including:

KlIPSCH RF-5's

RSW-12

RB-75's

RC-7

All for $175 no joke!

RSW-15

RF-7's (2 pair)

For $500

RSW-15

RS-7'S

RC-7

$1000.00(still a good deal)

Krell Resolution SUB1

$800.00

Legacy Focus HD's

$2000.00

Snell C/V's

$200.00

The deals are getting hard to come by and usually require a bit of a ride but it can be a lot of fun!

RF-5's: $200

attachicon.gif55-oh-you.jpg

Yep, lady I bought them from was the original owner, she was selling her home and the realtor made her put them in storage. Then they were too big for her town home. She was asking $300 for a few weeks so I offer $200. Few minor wear spots on the top and 2 broken posts on one of the grills but that's it.

My first Klipsch came from a Trader ad (old newspaper similar in style to CL).  They were in my city, this dude was nearly blind and had a dozen old console TV's that he'd burned through all stacked on one wall. The CW had lived through a previous house fire while stored in a closet, but still smelled like a bonfire. I think the fibre dampening material has soaked up the smoke. Hooked them up the components were nearly all toasted. I rebuilt them and enjoyed for years until the collection grew and they took up residence in the workshop for years. 

JimJimbo has them now. 

I have been lucky enough to score a couple thing thanks to Craig and his list :)

SANSUI 5000A - $140

KLIPSCH KLF-10 NIB/NOS - $200

KLIPSCH EPIC CF-3 Version 1's - $500

And my unicorn......1983 15th Anniversary HURST/OLDS with T-Tops and Sand Drift Gray Interior for $8850. This has been my best purchase to date Lol.