CRAIGSLIST FINDS- What did you get?

Woofers and Tweeters

I have had some decent audio finds some good deals some great. I must say I have done much better with antiques and modern furniture. To list a few mint birch corns 350, trashed corns 150, Mint Altec M 19's with 700$ crossovers here in garage sale section, for 1500, Altec 604 8h's almost new in box with 10 hours use, never mounted in boxes, with factory boxes and crossovers for 2000, Klipsch K 402 garage sale section for a very good price. Tony Ham Jub copies 900, ebay, Bose  901 vi 29.00 junk store sold, rare Pilot 1120A console with sp 210, and sa260 mint condition "or the best I have ever seen" 450, Yamaha px3 150 craigs, Yamaha t85 tuner 9.00 junk store, Yamaha mx 1000u mint 750, phase linear pre and 700b amp 450 mint condition, craigs. Vox continental 29.00 junk store and I could keep going, just listing mainly stuff I still have... My wife is nice.... Forgot most recent Dx38 250.00 last week, craigs...

Edited by juniper
  • Like 1

My RF25 towers and RB25 bookies were Craigslist scores. Everything else came from eBay. I have the entire system, all purchased secondhand.

Likewise.  Aside from the Outlaw LFM-1 EX sub I recently bought new from an ID seller, and the Pioneer Elite SC-35 I bought reconditioned, all my speakers were CL.  Of course, please don't inquire about the distances I may have driven for a few of them . . . . Oh, have an understanding wife, too--match.com, not CL!

Mint cherry RC-64 for $50.

I told the lady it was worth a ton more but she said I was sweet and she wanted me to have it.

F-2's and a Yamaha receiver for $100

Earthquake Supernova II for $100

RSW-10 $100

SVS 20-39 $150

SVS 25-31 $150

B&W VM1 X 5 AND ASW600 subwoofer $200

Emotiva XPA-3 for $250

Definitive Mythos ST SuperTowers $1000

GoldenEar SuperSat 3 speakers for $50 at a pawn shop.

f-3's, C-2 and S-2's at a pawn shop for $300. This is the set that hooked me on Klipsch.

The list goes on and on but that is all i can remember at the moment.

Excellent condition 84' CWO w/ cain grilles For $1,050 (had to drive to NW Chicagoland and 3 tickets for not stopping to pay tolls (now Cornscala Style A's)

Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi - $600 (same thing Picky uses)

Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXi - $450

Pioneer Elite VSX-27tx & a BRAND NEW PD-F19 (301disc changer) - $200

Technics SA-200 - $30 for unheated basement workshop

Klipsch KHO-7 - $80 for unheated basement workshop.

Mint Tivoli Model One cherry/cobalt blue - $75

Problem is people around here know what their stuff is worth and then want more $$$.

Edited by Mighty Favog

I have been pretty lucky:

Stereo:

Thorenz TD-124- Free (Inherited from Grandfather's basement)

KG 5.5- $400

Denon AVR 3801- $35

KSB 1.1- Free for helping someone move

I got an awesome liquor cabinet that is $450 retail for $40 because the guy was Mormon and didnt know what to do with it lol.

Yesterday I just picked up a lightly used Canon 7D for $550 which I am really stoked on.

True Story: It was noon on a Saturday. We stopped at a basement/yard sale. Lady had a ratty looking box standing in the corner and I had to take a look inside. The nice lady told a story of how she worked at a golf pro shop back in the late 50s and the owner gave her this Pepsi clock which she never hung up. I pulled the clock out of the box and asked my wife if we could hang it in the kitchen. She said "sure" and I paid $30 for the clock which was $5 less than the asking price.

When we got home with our newly purchased clock my wife changed her mind and said that I should hang it in the basement! WTH, you just agreed to use it in the kitchen! Neither of us had any idea what that clock was at that time, but we were about to find out! So I listed it on Ebay starting at $1. In no time I started getting requests to end the auction and sell it outside of Ebay. I never do this. Anyway, people started bidding away on this Pepsi clock and it finally sold for $1,526.00! We couldn't believe it. Turns out the clock was only made for one year and that was 1959. You just never know!

• Like 3