Klipch M40 ear cup torn advice on repair

CarefulCrysis

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi,

I have the same problem but i cant find anywhere somes remplacement earcups.

can you tell me what have you do to solve your problem?

do you know if some product are compatble with earcups klipsch M40?

i'm not the only one and I find it's a pity to pay a headphone 300€ and when you contact klipsch, they said "Since we no longer manufacture the Mode M40, we will no longer receive replenishment stock. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this causes."

That does not tempt me to sell a new klipsch product.

if someone can help me to find this ear cups that was nice.

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I am in the same boat and VERY disappointed that Klipsch can't source replacement ear pads!  These were not cheap headphones and now they are useless because one earpad has split and opened up to the point that it is unusable!  Klipsch SHOULD find a way to source replacements for what they had touted as a flagship headphone!  This lack of support for a headphone that costs over $300 does not inspire me to want to by any other Klipsch products! 

Edited by BasilFawlty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, the Agent in Singapore refused to change my torn ear cup saying the warranty does not cover that. But if you would to submit your claim to Klipsch USA directly, they may be able to assist you by contacting the Singapore Agent. I got mine completely changed but it was not just for the ear cup torn problem. I think it would also works the same.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will never buy another set of ANY Klipsch headphones if this is their level of service.  I am not happy that I spent so much of my hard earned money for the M-40s only to have the ear pads come apart so fast (and never mind the noise cancelling stopped functioning soon after warranty was out).  By the way, now BOTH ear pads are coming apart.  I have since purchased a set of Audio-Technica ATH-M50X headphones and also a set of Sennheiser Momentum headphones.  Both sound much better than the M-40s and both are more comfortable (especially the ATH-M50X).

• Like 1

Completely agree with the above comment , will never buy another Klipsch product again .

The terse response of 

"Unfortunately, we do not have the M40 ear cups available,nor an aftermarket replacement that has been tested specifically for M40 use."

Possibly the most unhelpful customer service advise received 

​There are other threads on forums relating to this issues but despite this Klipsch don't appear to give a sh!t .

All owners of M40's should be offered a full refund as this is a known issue as is the fact the noise cancellation also stop working after a period of time 

Klipsch a disgrace of a company 

• Administrators

Wait. Because you were unhappy with an honest answer, Klipsch is a disgrace of a company? I'm confused.

Also, no need to resurrect multiple old threads for the same subject just to make the same complaints. I've passed these complaints on to our customer support.

• Like 2

Ok Chad so why not give your customers some support as multiple threads would not appear if you did . 

Have a look round multiple HiFi forums this isn't the only one where this issue of defects in the M40's has been raised

I would advise doing a little research before jumping on my comments   

This is clearly a defective product for which a full recall should have been carried out , refunds or replacements should be offered to all customers ( in or out of warranty )  who have suffered from paying a lot of money for essentially defective product .

The noise cancelling failure and ear cups ripping is well documented but your company keep sending out "copy and paste " emails failing to acknowledge this as a fact.

I stand by my earlier comments this is a disgraceful way to treat customers and I'm sure anyone else who felt the need to post on this and other sites feel exactly the same  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chad I have to agree with Ozzie,

For as much money as these M40 headphones cost, they proved to be absolute junk.  I can live with the fact that the noise can does not work, but the ear cups falling apart so soon is ridiculous.  At the very least, Klipsch should source some better quality replacement ear cups and provide them to M40 customers.  With the ear cups as they are I could not even sell these used on Ebay - I'm just out a couple hundred dollars.  Not cool! 

• Like 1

klipsch

HERE IS MY STORY!

I've Bought klipsch M40 "TOP of the RANGE" Headphones for $400  about 3 years ago...

Very Good Headphones... BUT!  after very light use.. (under 50hr in total).. EAR CUPS have SPLIT OPEN.... the GLUE that was holding together Man-made Leather  and clothe... has lost  its grip..... I've end up with Headphones that I can't USE, Can't RE-Sell... to get some of my MONEY BACK!

So, with my last Hope... I've  Contacted Headoffice  ....

Please let me know WHERE I can get a pair of replacement cups ?

KLIPSCH CustomerCARE ---- and they "DON'TCARE"   their reply..

"

08/30/2016 11:06 am   
Hi *****,

You will want to go back to the dealer you bought your item from for service centers, parts and warranty in Australia.

They should be able to help you with resolving this warranty issue

Thanks,"

WHAAAT??!!!!  and Support Closed the Ticket - I could NOT even Reply......

I don't have Warranty anymore and the store that I bought it from has closed down!

• Administrators
On 9/2/2016 at 3:19 AM, Sev2020 said:

klipsch

HERE IS MY STORY!

I've Bought klipsch M40 "TOP of the RANGE" Headphones for $400  about 3 years ago...

Very Good Headphones... BUT!  after very light use.. (under 50hr in total).. EAR CUPS have SPLIT OPEN.... the GLUE that was holding together Man-made Leather  and clothe... has lost  its grip..... I've end up with Headphones that I can't USE, Can't RE-Sell... to get some of my MONEY BACK!

So, with my last Hope... I've  Contacted Headoffice  ....

Please let me know WHERE I can get a pair of replacement cups ?

KLIPSCH CustomerCARE ---- and they "DON'TCARE"   their reply..

"

08/30/2016 11:06 am   
Hi *****,

You will want to go back to the dealer you bought your item from for service centers, parts and warranty in Australia.

They should be able to help you with resolving this warranty issue

Thanks,"

WHAAAT??!!!!  and Support Closed the Ticket - I could NOT even Reply......

I don't have Warranty anymore and the store that I bought it from has closed down!

I'm sorry you have had problems, but our posted Headphones warranty states the following:

WARRANTY OUTSIDE THE U.S.

The Warranty on this product shall comply with applicable law when sold to a consumer outside of the United States. To obtain any applicable warranty service, please contact the dealer from which you purchased this product, or the distributor that supplied this product.

• Like 1

Hi Chad, 

thank you for "reply"  but "Not to my question"... (must be using "canned massages" to reply)

Since I did NOT ask: if US head office can replace it with warranty?...

( as I know, I don't have any 12month warranty left - and since the Glue that's holding Ear Cups together only last for avg 20 months - Klipsch does NOT need to worry :o) about repairs LOL )

I've simply Asked: "Please let me know WHERE I can get a pair of replacement cups ? "

But .... its ok..... Guess what?

I've just bought BOSE QC35 .... their replacement ear pads easily available around $20 for pair (NOT $70 per cup! quoted in Aust), customer care very caring and supportive....

Bose store even price matched $450. Now with their Warranty: It's supposedly 1 years replacement + 6 years "service fee" – pay around 50% of the unit's cost for a new one. 

So even if it's customer fault for breaking Headphone in half by accident... pay 50% and get a new ones or New model completely! WoW!

what else can a typical Customer want ?   CARE, even outside Warranty!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I had the same problem after 6 months. For me it is ridiculous for 2 reasons:

First, how Klipsch release a so expensive headphone with so premature failure (problem) and worse, didn't correct the problem in the new batches? No durability tests? No improvements due to customer complaints? 

Second, so expensive headphone and no replacement ear cups.

How did I solve the problem?

I asked my wife to sew the clothes, now the ear cup is almost like new.

Should I do this in a 300 bucks headphone? Never!!!

I am very happy with my Klipsch speaker set, but very, very and very disappointed with this headphone.

• 3 months later...