Move complete!

Hutch1814

Well I've started putting the living room back together and curious as to what you guys think of the surrounds? I don't really think I have much of an option on placement due to the hallway and front door. Any ideas or think I'll be alright? The thing that bothers me is the right rear, it's almost right on top of the siting position. Granted, most of my friends and me included tend to slump down in the couch is it still going to be an issue being that close? I've already ran audyssey and finally got my sub in check so that's a plus.

post-55872-0-18340000-1390923185_thumb.j

post-55872-0-76780000-1390923239_thumb.j

post-55872-0-79980000-1390923258_thumb.j

Sounds much better than my old living room just for the fact it's slightly smaller and carpeted but when playing battlefield 4 that speaker on the right rear is there, and it makes itself known it's there. Are they mounted where they should be or would you guys recommend different placement? I can always patch the holes I made

what am I looking at in those pictures?

The 2 pictures of the rears, do you see any other place possible to mount them or am I stuck with them as is? The picture that's missing is the back wall, it's only about 4 feet wide, there's a closet on one side and a hallway on the other

Edited by Hutch1814

Hutch, consider placing them higher up and slightly further apart. I have always use the surround side/rear near the ceiling. It is not recommended but, I like it and autocalibration has always adjusted thing pretty good. They will never get bumped or scratches high on the wall, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

I agree with Derrick. Get that speaker away from your ear and more behind you. The only way to go is above the door on one side and on the wall in the hall entrance on the other. Definitely run calibration afterwards!

Note for next Christmas. There is a LOT more room for a MUCH bigger TV! :D

I agree with Derrick. Get that speaker away from your ear and more behind you. The only way to go is above the door on one side and on the wall in the hall entrance on the other. Definitely run calibration afterwards!

Note for next Christmas. There is a LOT more room for a MUCH bigger TV! :D

The tv is a 55 inch now but a 70 will be in its place with the 55 going in the garage with a nice small reference series system :D

Hutch with the Big Screen TV! The Superbowl will be hear soon, get that TV. :P

Actually the 55 don't look bad, the picture doesn't give it justice! But the 70 is going to have to wait, I plan on buying a tv, AVR, and a small pieced together reference series system of the klipsch website all at once so it'll prolly be around this time next year before I finally get around to having the garage ready for it all. Besides, my boys ain't playing in the game this weekend but I can't let the hawks win, go broncos lol