DIY THSPUD clone

The Dude

• 2 weeks later...

In the process of finishing the one I built in January, as I decided to pull it from the system and paint it. This also includes me recessing the access panels and making a mouth panel as I decided to change the location of the mouth.

When making the access panels, I discovered that one of the drivers is to close to the edge for the panel to be fully recessed. I actually discovered this on the last one, but was able to adjust the driver and move it inward. I decided to this this after looking in the drawing and realizing that this driver is slightly closer to the edge of the mounting position. However, with this particular build, I am not able to move the driver without serious re construction. So I had to accommodate and not recess this particular panel. When time permits I will point this out with pictures.

Anywho, I just finished adding my threaded brass inserts and am getting ready for paint.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I went to the Danely site today and noticed that the TH spud was removed, no drawings or any sign of its existence. They did however have the DTS-10 listed. Maybe they are doing away with the spud and pushing the DTS-10 more.

• 2 weeks later...

Both subs are now complete and in their location. I wanted to run some frequency sweeps to see what yields the best output. There appears to be a couple trade offs, such as max output versus lease amount of dips. So for now I have one positioned with the mouth away from the corner and one in the corner.

Some heavy bass coming from downstairs. Next stage is to get (wow, just as I am typing this, the whole house is vibrating) sound panels up and and some equing done.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:31 PM, The Dude said:

I went to the Danely site today and noticed that the TH spud was removed, no drawings or any sign of its existence. They did however have the DTS-10 listed. Maybe they are doing away with the spud and pushing the DTS-10 more.

I know the President of Danley Sound Labs. He has 4 spuds at home for subs, not DTS-10's. He also has twin TH-50's with his SH-50's. But yeah, since so many DIY guys have built spuds (including me for my daughter and Son in Law, along with 2 "Coffee Table Subs), I can see why they would only offer DTS-10's which use a custom version of Lab 12 drivers (you can buy those but they 'aint cheap and Eminence will only sell them to Danley). 

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I want to say I got mine at parts express

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w8-740p-8-subwoofer--264-854

Not any more you won't. Minimum 50 pc order and they ship in 90 to 120 days. Looks like they have a neo replacement for this W8-1363SB