The Klipsch Audio Community
The Dude

DIY THSPUD clone

I'm feeding my pair with a 200wpc stereo amp and have no complaints regarding output. I think you'll enjoy having two working together.

I was powering mine with a 350w per channel stereo pro amp, and it was great.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

In the process of finishing the one I built in January, as I decided to pull it from the system and paint it. This also includes me recessing the access panels and making a mouth panel as I decided to change the location of the mouth.

When making the access panels, I discovered that one of the drivers is to close to the edge for the panel to be fully recessed. I actually discovered this on the last one, but was able to adjust the driver and move it inward. I decided to this this after looking in the drawing and realizing that this driver is slightly closer to the edge of the mounting position. However, with this particular build, I am not able to move the driver without serious re construction. So I had to accommodate and not recess this particular panel. When time permits I will point this out with pictures.

Anywho, I just finished adding my threaded brass inserts and am getting ready for paint.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I went to the Danely site today and noticed that the TH spud was removed, no drawings or any sign of its existence. They did however have the DTS-10 listed. Maybe they are doing away with the spud and pushing the DTS-10 more.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk