DIY THSPUD clone

The Dude

Ok, I hook her up, she works. But how good I don't know, there may be something wrong. Or it just may be not enough power, my amp only puts out about 100 watts 8 ohms. I know there is out put down to 20-25hz, just not a lot of spl. Is this something I need to check for air leaks, if so I have read were you can use a piece of hose can someone elaborate on how to do this.

They're not parallel, they're series out of phase. you want the drivers mechanically in phase so one has to be wired backwards as the drivers aren't facing the same direction.

That makes better sense well I gues we will have to wait until hmm maybe I will stay later tonight.

Well I was going to make you all wait until tomorrow but I figured what the heck. But oh man is that a difference, now I know what Dtel was talking about. Now only half the gain up, and lots of bass. I took a quick frequency response with rew( not the best set up but for now it will have to do), there was a little dip around 60 hz but out put was pretty flat and about 20 db up from the first one I tried. I would say this thing is a winner.

Thanks for every ones help, and yes I will be building a second one once my other speaker cabs are built.

• Moderators

That's exactly what I did, the drawing is hard to read (for me). I was ready to pitch it, as a last resort I rechecked and found the mistake, it makes a huge difference when the drivers aren't fighting each other. You did much better than me, I let it play all night thinking it might help, felt really dumb when I did figure it out the next day.

I knew it wasn't the 100 wpc amp, I only have a older AVA 250 amp and I think it's rated at about 170 wpc 8 ohms and it's enough, the gain is about 1/3 and at 1/2 it is to much for music, and this is with MWM's. Pretty good for two little drivers compared to almost all drivers for subs, a cheap build overall.

Glad it's working, Thanks CECAA I still get confused looking at that drawing.

Glad everything worked out with the project, keep up with the pics when you start making the sawdust on the Jamboree's, I'm very interested in those.

Keep your eye out, I have got a good start. If I finish a couple pieces of conduit in the basement, I will be getting started back up on those through out the next week.