What to replace my Klipschorns with?

theluggman

Hmmm......? I've been married twice and as it turns out each wife not only allowed my Khorns - they bought them for me as gifts. So yeah, I've enjoyed 2 sets of Khorns and kept the last pair. That's my other message. If you do get rid of the Khorns (as I did once) you'll really be disappointed in replacement speakers (unless you have $$$ to burn). Ever consider 'speaker counseling'?

• Like 2

Thank you all for the support!!!! You are all right, I am keeping them

Woot! Woot!

Two houses ago I made the PAW (Perfect Audiophile Wife) this proposition: Must have a room for my 'horns. ALL other considerations are YOURS. As I knew she had good taste, absolutely nothing to fear and everybody happy. Plus, I didn't have to worry over anything except verifying the 'horn space. Nice.

No way a marriage can be good when one tromps on another's happy place.

Dave

• Like 1

• Moderators
Well now we know who is boss around there....

Yes we do it's Theluggman

Glad you didn't get offended, it's easy for us to say these things to you because we don't have to live with her if you were to repeat them to her. :P

• Like 1

Things that make me go :huh: include:

"Wife says speakers must go"

"Newborn on the way, must sell every thing larger than a Bose cube"

"Kid proofing"

Maybe I'm just uniquely blessed to have a wife that's willing to compromise our household goals to benefit our own interests, a 2 year old that loves rocking out and dancing to music, and that same 2 year old that has rarely ever dared to touch the speakers let alone destroy them. Oh and we have another newborn on the way. And I have a fridge sized subwoofer in the living room.

It's very likely she'll hate any alternative if your wife isn't happy with Khorns.

Send your wife off for a Day SPA... and while she is gone flush mount the KHorns into the wall. :)

Or it might be easier to just build the wall out while she is gone and then paint it so she doesn't even know anything happened... You might have to send her to the SPA for the weekend though.

Edited by ellisr63

When I got married I listed my requirements for a house and I have stuck with them...

Pond, Home Theater, and garage. The rest of the house she can do whatever she wants to with. Now I decided to make the garage into a Home Theater so she will now get the living room too, but that was my idea and my decision to move the HT to the garage!

Well now we know who is boss around there....

Yes we do it's Theluggman

Glad you didn't get offended, it's easy for us to say these things to you because we don't have to live with her if you were to repeat them to her. :P

I would never get offended again thanks for the support I am going to tell her I going looking into crack maybe a less offensive addiction LOL

• Like 1