Scala's are home, WOW :)

Matthews

Several years ago, I picked up a pair of RF-7's thinking I will never part with. Well, in short, goodbye my ol' friends. Hello! La Scala!!!

After getting them settled in (had to paint the wall behind cause they clashed with the yellow). Replaced a diaphragm on one HF horn (I'll do the other next week). It was time for a test drive!

Three words, OMG!!! :) -the delicacy of sound from these is amazing. The warmth is attractive and the look, well, look at them! Gorgeous!

I was a little worried they would be too much. Those worries went quickly out the door with the twist of the throttle. Oh dear Lord, I had no idea what I have been missing. Now to smooth over the neighbors. I think some fresh baked cookies are in order :)

ScalaHome_zps47dba3d4.jpg

• Like 6

Yup, Adcom gear. GTP-502 pre & GFA 555 amp (original). BUT :) just purchased a Rotel 1068 pre for $239 on the Bay. Going with ALL Rotel gear. Just going to have to be a little at a time. Oh, Adcom gear will be for sale soon :)

Thanks all for the kind Congrats :)

_571_zps3e7b7a4d.jpg

nice rotel pre, i like rotel stuff too, i have a rb99bx amp i got for a great deal from a local auction. 200wpc & it sounds very nice, much better than my adcom 555ii's. are the rotel preamps rated good? havent looked into their preamps yet, but i'm considering trading the adcom gear for rotel stuff too based on how the 990 amp sounds.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good choice

I say that because I like laScalas, not because I don't like Rf-7's, really I never heard the 7's for more than 5 minutes so it would be unfair. Although I am fond of big plywood boxes as speakers.

Oh almost forgot, they look great in your room, very nice.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Isn't amazing how many people go back to Heritage with great satisfaction?

Some of us never left and have even improved upon Heritage. Khorns and beyond for decades while the rest of the world suffered with high distortion sound.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1