Thrift store disappointment

oldenough

Thought I'd made a good score on a HDPVR for $8 yesterday, turns out the cable company can't activate it, due to the fact it is still shown as being on the previous owners account...The cable company does this in some sort of attempt to curb theft, apparently it was a real problem, I'm stuck with a nice unit, that can only go to the recycler!! The GOOD NEWS....it came with a Harmony 700 remote that looks like it was never used... :D

• Like 1

Thought I'd made a good score on a HDPVR for $8 yesterday, turns out the cable company can't activate it, due to the fact it is still shown as being on the previous owners account...The cable company does this in some sort of attempt to curb theft, apparently it was a real problem, I'm stuck with a nice unit, that can only go to the recycler!! The GOOD NEWS....it came with a Harmony 700 remote that looks like it was never used... :D

Take it apart and use it for a project case.

• Like 1

Well what do you know...I did a little research on-line, armed myself with a little more info before calling the cable company again and hey presto! I now have a working HDPVR. Didn't take more than 2 minutes....SCORE!

• Like 2