Uploading is not allowed

Guest " "

It's likely that your previous uploads were migrated over and as such you've already reached your 100MB upload limit (site wide). You can still post photos, videos, etc. You just need to upload them to sites like flickr, photobucket, vimeo, or a personal website and share via links.

You can check your upload thresholds under "my settings". Select the "manage attachments" on the left of your settings portal.

oh, thats hilarious....I am over my life time limit.

I'm over 3 times my limit even after deleting pics one whole weekend. I also found that migrated pics normally ended up on the new forum as triplicate pics for some reason. I deleted a ton of redundant pics and am still not able to post them. I haven't had much luck with photobucket either.

Well, the old forum was grossly out of date and underdeveloped. There's bound to be some speed bumps in the modernization process. Meanwhile, there's 34,460 registered members and from a capacity planning perspective you need to be able to curtail (however unlikely) the potential for each and every one of those members to start uploading content.

"Oh but disk space is cheap" .. if you're buying a hard drive and sticking it in a bread rack server. Disk space gets really expensive if you're relying on a hosting provider for your corporate website (you know, highly available datacenter infrastructure, IaaS built with proper redundancies, SAN storage, etc) and you want to ensure predictable costs. Database performance can also take a drastic hit if you're media content grows too large.

So the easiest work around is to sign up for one of those plentiful image hosting accounts with free access and moderate storage limits and just use that.