KG series for surrounds with KLF fronts?

Rowan611

I use to have a pair of KG4.5 that I loved. I would really like to use my Heresys for my 2 channel; will the KGs work ok as surrounds? KGs are readily available around Minneapolis/Saint Paul area.

There's a pair of 4.5 available for $250 obo. There's also KG3s and KG2s for $150 and $125 respectfully.

And thoughts and opinions are welcome

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the typos :)

I think you have a little more room for error with surrounds ,unless you are into 5 channel stereo. The KG 4.5's may produce a little more bass than the Heresy's, a sub would remedy this though. I ran KG-4's as rears with KLF-30's and they did just fine. I think as long as you can adjust the outputs due to the different sensitivities, you will be surprised how good it will sound.

I have KLF-30's for my fronts. I was using some just "ok" Synergy speakers for my center and surrounds until I ran across a Craigslist deal (cheap) for KLF-10's and C7. Grabbed them and the difference is huge. There's something about sonically matched speakers that's hard to beat. In your situation, I would spend as little as possible on upgrades now and keep looking for more KLF's to put in the HT. There are deals out there if you are patient and keep looking. Best of luck and enjoy the journey!

I have KLF-30's for my fronts. I was using some just "ok" Synergy speakers for my center and surrounds until I ran across a Craigslist deal (cheap) for KLF-10's and C7. Grabbed them and the difference is huge. There's something about sonically matched speakers that's hard to beat. In your situation, I would spend as little as possible on upgrades now and keep looking for more KLF's to put in the HT. There are deals out there if you are patient and keep looking. Best of luck and enjoy the journey!

You increased the quality of your surrounds significantly, and more important, matched your center to your R and L mains.

The KG speakers are very good speakers, much better than most realize. I put 2.2's in my 2 channel system and was really surprised at how good they sounded with a really good front end.

I got the 20's. So I'll have 20s up front, 10s in the rear with an Academy center. I know I need the C7, but that's going to have to wait. Might use some PSB Alphas I've got laying around for L&R SB duty for now. Or, maybe I'll keep the Heresys in the setup for now.

Thanks for all the help!

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the typos :)

Edited by Rowan611

Well I got them. I'm trying to upload some pics but I'm being told I can't.

They are in JPEG and are smaller the 2MB; in fact they're all smaller than 700KB. Figured out this forum doesn't like not seeing .jpg after the name. Even though they were saved in jpg format.

post-57667-0-28960000-1391913025_thumb.jpost-57667-0-88520000-1391913033_thumb.jpost-57667-0-16720000-1391913043_thumb.j

Edited by Rowan611
  • Like 1