Internet /Phone price reduction

USNRET

We have Grande Communications for internet and phone. My son saw an ad on TV for a deal. I called and was offered an increase in speed with a $10 per month discount but during the discussions I was disconnected. I looked over and the internet was down (as was VoIP). I called back and the lady offered not $10 but $40 per month off; no charges just increase of speed, no contract. I simply told them I was shopping for a better deal! Now we get this so it never hurts to ask (and be nice)

post-19886-0-72520000-1391561944_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

I called them back and got this service for another $10, so I went from 40mbps to 110mbps and saved $30 per month:

Interesting, since there are almost no routers you can get for the home that will handle over something like 750 Mbps download speeds. Our school would have to pay big bucks to get the use out of a gigabit connection. That's what we have, as the EPB has gigabit to your house now. This really only means that a slowdown won't be their fault.

Bruce