MWM, MSM, MSSM Questions

kris m

I'm looking at a auction that has 4 MWM's, 2 MSM's, and MSSM's for sale. I have a couple questions about these speakers that I was hoping some of you may be able to answer. The speakers are the stage version coming with handles. The speakers all work but I won't have a chance to hear them in person. The cabinets are in decent shape.

1) What is a fair price for these speakers. I expect I can pick these up for under 500 which I assume is a decent price. I also have to factor in $200 for me to pick them up.

2) Will I need to source the MTM's. From what I've seen these are part of the MCM, which is what these are?

3) Are these good sounding speakers (hard to find much on them)

I have the reference series in my living room and really enjoy the Klipsch sound and wouldn't mind having these in my basement if its worth it.

47311.1.jpg

Thats a pic of them

Edited by kris m
  • Like 1

"Any idea how much a pair of MTM's will cost me?" There are forum members that have MCM 1900 systems, perhaps they will chime in. Price new was approx $400/pair for MTMs, depending on dress.

You might put a WTB in the garage section. It could be a good DIY project, maybe just one newer tweeter in a small box. Or if you want the pizeo driver horns, they are on eBay for small $. chris

Contact Bob Crites he can help you out with this .