Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Never tried Kona coffee, probably don't want to. I may like it and hate to spoil myself

Even though it's closely related to some Indonesian coffees I really like I've never been a big fan. I haven't been in a Starbuck's in MANY years, but it was what they originally served as their "basic" coffee if you simply ordered a cuppa Joe, black.

Dave

Never. It might have been a kona blend, which means 10 percent kona. Kona peaberry rocks, regular 100% kona is a smooth cup.

TBHWY, never experimented with it much due to the Starbucks experience. I found it anything but "smooth." But, as you said, I really have nothing but their word for what it was.

So many varietals, so little time. Great thing about coffee as an addiction is that even cat krap coffee is within reach of most, and even the best non-preingested stuff is really a cheap thrill compared to wine, single malt, caviar, etc.

Dave

• Moderators

Wow 6 pages in the first 10.5 hours and no one has claimed the others are deaf , but still trying to the the image of Tarheel in panty hose out of my head.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

Never been inside Starbucks, once at my daughters I tried her instant Starbucks in little individual packets. Have to say it was good and was strong but still being where it was from I would guess expensive ?

Instant coffee is, no matter the price, instant coffee.

Bear in mind the basic method of producing it is related to what happens when you leave the heat on until the pot drys out and then add water to it.

Dave

Edited by Mallette

• Moderators

but still trying to the the image of Tarheel in panty hose out of my head

Dang, Eldon. I'd never have guessed. Is Christy OK with it?

Dave

I should have said "not a good image", I would imagine she would have a problem with it, but she knows better and has nothing to worry about. I'm all for the other team, personally I don't get the *** thing but fully understand the lesbian thing, I see there point !

Now were off really topic

Edit; it wouldn't put the word *** but lesbian was ok, see proves my point.

Edited by dtel

if you want to step up in a major way but would like to keep the cost very low and have something that you can camp or hike with buy an Aero Press and an inexpensive grinder. The Aero Press makes the best coffee I have ever hac and lets you experiment with technique as much as you want. Superb design and fantastic product. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.aeropress.ca/

:emotion-21: The Aero Press makes the best cup of coffee. Much better than a French press in my opinion. Mentioned it on page one (but then no one ever listens to me :dry: .)

but still trying to the the image of Tarheel in panty hose out of my head

Dang, Eldon. I'd never have guessed. Is Christy OK with it?

Dave

I should have said "not a good image", I would imagine she would have a problem with it, but she knows better and has nothing to worry about. I'm all for the other team, personally I don't get the *** thing but fully understand the lesbian thing, I see there point !

Now were off really topic

Edit; it wouldn't put the word *** but lesbian was ok, see proves my point.

Eldon gets extra credit for straying off topic. Maybe -3 warning points earned.

I think we can catch that other cable thread by tomorrow night if Dave will lay low. And brew a good cup of coffee to boot.

Took a look... the only claims they made were "...with less bitterness and acidity, and no grounds left in your cup!"

Don't have any of the above problems so not sure what the big deal is. But, I'm open to new ideas.

When I mentioned the Cossatot River water, I should add that I boil water in a porcelain camp pot, dump the coffee in it, let it steep...then pour a splash of water in to settle the ground and pour.

YUM. Truly excellent coffee...though the rushing water, clean air, beautiful canyon, and sound of birds on a fine spring morning just MAY improve it.

Dave

I think we can catch that other cable thread by tomorrow night if Dave will lay low. And brew a good cup of coffee to boot

Sheesh. Sorry, but I am having a ball. Multitasking... Too many threads, too much fun, so little time.

Really need just to head back to the 'horns and vege...

Dave