Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Irish Cream comments made me think of Irish coffee that I use to enjoy many years ago. A shot of Irish whisky in a mug of steaming coffee with a dollop of real whipped cream. Bien!
Irish coffee, heavy on the Irish, oh, so, good....

I havent been to Starbigbucks in a long time, last time i was in there i spent $16 on 2 of their fancy coffiees.

Better at home anyways, hot coffee in the winter & iced in the summer.

Like Burger king's slogan, have it your way.

c-note audio eh ? very interesting web site there, I just spent a few min looking around. bookmark that puppy I will.

• Like 2

• Moderators
I neglected to say I use coconut cream and Stevia. That's got to go....right?

I like Stevia, using it for a while, supposedly safer than others, I drink so much coffee the sugar was really adding up.

Never tried coconut cream but my favorite is hazelnut flavoring, as it turns out the cheapest off brand "sure fine" has the best flavor to me, I've tried them all. I could go black but I do need sweetener.

Mark this post I AM on topic for a change :P

like Stevia, using it for a while, supposedly safer than others,

Never found any that didn't taste like licorice. Splenda guy (type 1 diabetic). Not perfect, but close to organic and has no characteristics of its own unless you overdo it. Then it tastes chemical like the chemical stuff. Never could get used to aspartame or the others. All stick in my mouth forever.

Dave

• Moderators

The brand of Stevia I like is Truvia, it taste just like sugar to me with no chemical taste even straight out the packet .

http://truvia.com/about

Never mind I just read this

Diabetic Friendly?

Studies show that consumption of Truvía® natural sweetener has no effect on the glycemic index and is well tolerated by type 2 diabetics. Truvía® Baking Blend contains 1 gram of sugar per ½ teaspoon.

Edited by dtel

I neglected to say I use coconut cream and Stevia. That's got to go....right?

I like Stevia, using it for a while, supposedly safer than others, I drink so much coffee the sugar was really adding up.

Never tried coconut cream but my favorite is hazelnut flavoring, as it turns out the cheapest off brand "sure fine" has the best flavor to me, I've tried them all. I could go black but I do need sweetener.

Mark this post I AM on topic for a change :P

In this particular thread the purpose is to wander off topic from time to time......so no points for this post Eldon.

Good to see Boxx join the fray!

I think we can catch that other cable thread by tomorrow night if Dave will lay low. And brew a good cup of coffee to boot

Sheesh. Sorry, but I am having a ball. Multitasking... Too many threads, too much fun, so little time.

Really need just to head back to the 'horns and vege...

Dave

So many threads that I'm staying in stitches...

Edited by Marvel

• Moderators

Need to go make more coffee, it's been a couple hours.

Got to meet Bruce once, it was my pleasure, good guy ! :emotion-21:

I have not had a chance to meet Boxx, but I'm kind of intimidated, he is the most interesting guy in the world.

• Like 1

Well, If I were forced to choose between a nice, hifi system or a nice coffee setup I'd choose the coffee setup and get by with the audio. Let's hope that day doesn't come.

That said, I feel that you have to start with espresso (the method, not to be confused with the typical espresso roast label). From there, go with an Americano, Latte, Cappacino, whatever suits your taste. I use a Gaggia Classic manual machine and a Gaggia burr grinder. Probably the best investment I've ever made. Get the freshest beans available to you. Experiment with your grind setting and time the amount that gives the best tamp. Use soft water, not reverse osmosis, and descale your machine once a month or so. Let the porta filter get nice and hot before you pull your shot. I use a Cuisinart kettle with a thermometer to boil water if I am having an Americano. I prefer 175 degree water. If you don't have a 1/4" or so of cremma on top, keep practicing with your grind amount, tamp, porta filter temp, shot time, and water. The effort will be worth it.

If you are on a budget and want great coffee and are willing to sacrifice conveinence for it, familiarize yourself with a french press. Common mistakes are pouring water that is at boiling temp and stripping the beans of their wax, giving a bitter coffee, and using too many grounds. Use course grounds, preferably from a high quality burr grinder so the grind is consistent. Grind just before use.

• Like 1

• Moderators

ACM You are way more knowledgeable and dedicated than me about coffee by a lifetime by just reading that one post. I really love coffee but have never had the desire to go to for the perfect cup, if I tried it I may, who knows.

Just happy to enjoy my plain simple method, and not knowing a great cup, probably my loss.

So I have to agree with Quiet_Hollow and throw the red flag and plow thru my regular coffee. Just different hobbies, I could give up coffee MUCH easier than good sound. I'm not saying this because this is a speaker forum but because of the unbelievable enjoyment I get from music. The quality of reproduction of the music is like the difference between a funky instant coffee compared to what your making, not even close.

But this is a good thing for both of us, could you imagine if either dedication were lost because of lack of interest, it would be very sad. :emotion-21: Keep on getting it right !

• Like 1

ACM You are way more knowledgeable and dedicated than me about coffee by a lifetime by just reading that one post. I really love coffee but have never had the desire to go to for the perfect cup, if I tried it I may, who knows.

Just happy to enjoy my plain simple method, and not knowing a great cup, probably my loss.

So I have to agree with Quiet_Hollow and throw the red flag and plow thru my regular coffee. Just different hobbies, I could give up coffee MUCH easier than good sound. I'm not saying this because this is a speaker forum but because of the unbelievable enjoyment I get from music. The quality of reproduction of the music is like the difference between a funky instant coffee compared to what your making, not even close.

But this is a good thing for both of us, could you imagine if either dedication were lost because of lack of interest, it would be very sad. :emotion-21: Keep on getting it right !

Damn Eldon......that was eloquent!

• Moderators
Damn Eldon......that was eloquent!

:o

I will bookmark this, it is the first time ever my name and the word eloquent was used in the same sentence without words like never, opposite of and others like it.

Don't know what happened, it's not like me.