Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Damn Eldon......that was eloquent!

:o

I will bookmark this, it is the first time ever my name and the word eloquent was used in the same sentence without words like never, opposite of and others like it.

Don't know what happened, it's not like me.

Seriously my friend my first thought was that the little lady must have written that for you :) Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame!

Had 2 cups of the Yellow Cat....freshly ground this morning.

Kona sells for $20/lb. at Trader Joe's.

For a nice "cheap but good" coffee I like the Kona Blend from Aldi. Runs about $7 and it is already ground. I figure it is much more blend than Kona but it was a nice surprise. My burr grinder has been sitting on the shelf unused for a couple of years now.

• Like 1

My burr grinder has been sitting on the shelf unused for a couple of years now.

I actually only use mine for espresso. I've tried to bring it into the kitchen for coffee duty but my wife just doesn't want to use if for morning coffee. She makes it while I'm in the shower so I can't complain.

A little late to the party, but I drink a lot of coffee, which doesn't make me an expert, just opinionated. If your water isn't clean I don't care how much you spend on coffee or gadgets so RO water or distilled is really where you should start unless you're on a well that happens to be 0 grain water and even then I would at least run it through a carbon filter, it takes great water to make great coffee, or anything else. I've used Bunn's for ever, with a basket, not a paper filter ( I just don't want to wait for my coffee and 3 minutes is acceptable) I've been addicted to Dunkin coffee for as long as I can remember and you can buy it and grind it yourself.

• Like 2

So far the only changes I have made with my coffee routine is to use filtered water through the Samsung refrigerator instead of tap water and grinding my own beans right before brewing. The water change I believe made the most difference.

As Paul Harvey use to say "now you know the rest of the story".

I say for brewing the best I've had is a Chemex. It takes a bit of patience but in my opinion the best cup of coffee I've been able to make at home. I typically go with a french press though being able to just pour the water and walk away is usually easier fro me and my schedule. The key to the Chemex is to follow their instructions. I've done small boutique roaster beans all the way to good old Folgers in the Chemex and its the best with either. Super round full flavor with absolutely no bitterness.

• Like 1