Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

If you could duplicate that I could say I knew you when...

Well, I've been told by a couple of Forum folks it's folly and impossible. Sounds like a challenge to me... I've done it before, but with no way to reproduce it without a hassle no way to prove it. However, I DO have witnesses, one of them the PAW.

Really, all we need is a format. The technique isn't at all hard. Simply add two more mikes identical to and coincident with the ones for a stereo pickup and play them back reversing the transducers precisely as one does for stereo. I say this...if that DOESN'T work, then neither does stereo.

Dave

• Moderators
In north Texas it's probably 90db or more, and in waves that move across and around one. Awesome.

I would like to hear that, the frogs here are almost that loud, the little ones are easily as loud as the bullfrogs because of quantity, but they don't move around. The locust flying around would sound cool, that would make a great recording as the sound moves. Give it a shot this summer, even stereo would sound interesting and have depth.

• Moderators

Ice storm here in the Carolinas and lost power for a couple of days as well as cable and internet. Nice to see this thread alive.

Limbs down all over so will be back on the chain saw tomorrow after a couple of cups......

Sorry to hear that, glad the worst is over. No reason to go out before a couple of cups in less it's an emergency.

They make more of a screeching sound when they fly, or sometimes just a short screech when they take off and quiet after. They aren't the best flyers, sometimes they hit you square on and it can be quite a thud for an insect. The real music is when they are just sitting on the bark singing (rattling, raspy yet slow and liquid like some foreign language).

• Moderators

Have been building something out in the garden and it has a metal roof. I was working under it and heard something hit the roof and a second later it sounded like a bird jumping around up there. I walked out from under it to look thinking it may have been hurt or a squirrel jumping around and strangely didn't see anything. A few minutes later I heard it again but it quickly fell off the roof to the ground and it was a locust, it surprised me how loud it was hitting, sounded, much bigger.

Couldn't imagine what a group flying around would sound like, must be rough on car windshields when they swarm, and I thought love bugs were bad.

Not quite as fun as hurling stems of goats head burs (stickers), man did those sting.

http://www.tellingdad.com/wp-content/uploads/grass2.jpg

Those things grow in the sand dunes in Florida. I'll never forget my first encounter with one when I was little. I'd also see them on the tires of my fathers riding lawn mower. He's have to scrape them off after each time he mowed. The barbs are hooked on the end and really it's really hard to get them off most anything.

I hated "sticker season." They stuck right through your shirt. You had to pull the shirt away from your skin to get them off, it hurt going in and coming out. Our elementary school playground was full of them. They can be controlled by diligent hand pulling in the yard. If you are fortunate the neighbors will do the same.

I havent been to Starbigbucks in a long time, last time i was in there i spent $16 on 2 of their fancy coffiees.

Better at home anyways, hot coffee in the winter & iced in the summer.

Like Burger king's slogan, have it your way.

If you brew at home, and like iced coffee, try freezing cubes of leftover brew. Keeps your iced coffee cold, without diluting the flavor.

• Like 1

If you brew at home, and like iced coffee, try freezing cubes of leftover brew. Keeps your iced coffee cold, without diluting the flavor.

Great tip!

You know those little flat bits of toothpaste that dry in the sink? They make a tasty after dinner mint... :P

Dave

• Like 1

Great tip!

You know those little flat bits of toothpaste that dry in the sink? They make a tasty after dinner mint... :P

Dave

mental note: decline the after dinner mints at dave's house.

• Like 1

I havent been to Starbigbucks in a long time, last time i was in there i spent $16 on 2 of their fancy coffiees.

Better at home anyways, hot coffee in the winter & iced in the summer.

Like Burger king's slogan, have it your way.

Great idea, i will try that.

Morning gentlemen!

Finally have internet and a land line working. Who knew you had to re boot your phone modem?

An over doer's back ache from the chainsaw so I thought I would grab a cup and catch up here.

Is the "other" cable thread still going or was it locked?

• Like 1