Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Being an NCIS fanatic, I tried my best to follow Gibb's lead and grow accustomed to Starbuck's coffee. However, after severe shakes, horrible acid stomach and a generally sour taste in my mouth, I returned to 8 O'clock coffee, the fragrance being familiar from my childhood when I would accompany my mother to A&P. Just a bookshelf speaker level coffee drinker.

• Like 1

• Moderators

dtel, given where you live you and Christy probably appreciate cast iron skillets. Best way in the world to season one is by roasting green coffee beans. Good exercise, too.

Dave

Your right I love my cast iron pots, they are much more non stick than the non stick stuff my daughter bought.

Might have to try roasting one day, probably get a grinder first and try that to start.

Being an NCIS fanatic, I tried my best to follow Gibb's lead and grow accustomed to Starbuck's coffee. However, after severe shakes, horrible acid stomach and a generally sour taste in my mouth, I returned to 8 O'clock coffee, the fragrance being familiar from my childhood when I would accompany my mother to A&P. Just a bookshelf speaker level coffee drinker.

I use to grind the 8 O'clock for customers at the A&P in the 60s. Still not a bad brew.

How long do you roast green coffee beans?

• Like 1

• Moderators
dtel, given where you live you and Christy probably appreciate cast iron skillets.

That's a nice way to say you dumbass pair of backwoods coonnecks. :o

Just kidding :D:P but dare be som truth in dat idear :wacko2:

How long do you roast green coffee beans?

Around 20 minutes, but depends on the heat. Main issue is CONSTANT agitation. That's the exercise part. They MUST be evenly roasted all over. In all cases, IMHO, better too roasted than even a few under roasted beans. Chaff removal is also critical. In most cases, you can simply take the pan outside and blow in it, but get them all as they really mess up the flavor if even a small amount remains. Can of dustoff or compress air is useful for this as well.

That's about all there is to it. Not rocket science, just attention to a few details.

That's a nice way to say you dumbass pair of backwoods coonnecks.

Sheesh, I envy your location. Further, given my being raised in Texarkana any smear of that nature would be textbook pot calling the kettle black.

Dave

• Like 1

I say...Good Morning Sunshine!

:emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Coffee and Duggans are the order of the morning......

What is a duggan?

It's like Baileys but has jamesons already in it.

Up already??? I thought you were up all night playing with your new amps.

• Like 1

I say...Good Morning Sunshine!

:emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Coffee and Duggans are the order of the morning......

What is a duggan?

It's like Baileys but has jamesons already in it.

Up already??? I thought you were up all night playing with your new amps.

Dang! I thought it sounded like something you dunk...maybe.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Just picked up some decalf the other day, this is great, I can drink coffee w/Duggans then go take a nap anytime, except that I just ran out of Duggans...dam.....

May need to try it sometime.

Anyone mention Kahlua yet? Maybe not quite the kick? you are after here.

• Like 1

Good morning Gentlemen. Off to pour the second cup. Then to the library to volunteer for a couple of hours and later meet the lady friend at the German café in the historic cotton exchange by the Cape Fear River. Life in the slow lane....

• Like 1

Just picked up some decalf the other day, this is great, I can drink coffee w/Duggans then go take a nap anytime, except that I just ran out of Duggans...dam.....

May need to try it sometime.

Anyone mention Kahlua yet? Maybe not quite the kick? you are after here.

Ah, the Kahlua days, when I was a youngin my buds and I had a hang out at a donut shop, costa mesa/Newport beach,

We all had some kind of hot rods, normal kind of kid stuff, but we also were buds with every cop on the beat, they all knew us.

Standing around drinking our coffee we were also dosed up good with Kahlua, cops never knew a thing.

• Like 1