Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

110% Irish on this end, and only just proven by my wacko cousin paying for a family DNA test.

It seems it must come from a male member of the family, because females introduce change throughout the chain, males do not.

Male DNA stays the same, passed down throughout history, unless of course you work at Fukishima.

As far as drinkin, well, got me Duggans and coffee going for the last hour......

On St. Patrick's Day.... there's a "wee bit of Irish in us all.......

There is more truth to that than most know, a DNA test is THE only way to really confirm. thank god my cousin paid for it, because id have NEVER spent $1800 bucks to find out .........

• Like 1

I went to an all boys high school. On St. Patrick's day the Irish would of course dress in green sport coats, but the Italians would come dressed in Back suit coats and red ties. There were the inevitable fights (mostly good natured if a bit bloody). During my Freshman year, I was coming back from gym class which was in a distant part of the school. I was met by three members of the Italian contingent. A fight ensued during which a few of my Irish classmates came to my defense. By the end, our clothes were all ripped up, noses bleeding and we looked generally messed up. My next class was Algebra taught by an ex-boxer (Brother Bazillian) who was one tough guy. As I walked into class and he saw me my blood went cold. I figured I was going to get the crap kicked out of me again (not an uncommon event when you went to a school taught by the Christian Brothers). He walked slowly up to me and said, "Hall...I only have one question for you. Does the other guy look worse?" I gulped and said, "Yes, Brother." he smiled, patted me on the head and walked away.

That will always be St. Patrick's day for me.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 2

A rainy, rainy Tuesday morning here in the port city. Nothing better to do......I may go to the library and resurface some CDs/DVDs. Checked out "I'm Not There" a film about Bob Dylan to watch later today.

So to the kitchen for a second cup of 8 O'clock coffee.

Cheers Gents :emotion-44:

• Like 1

Wife Out of Hospital.

Fresh Luziane Coffee & Chicory.

Good news :)

A rainy, rainy Tuesday morning here in the port city. Nothing better to do......I may go to the library and resurface some CDs/DVDs. Checked out "I'm Not There" a film about Bob Dylan to watch later today.

So to the kitchen for a second cup of 8 O'clock coffee.

Clearing here some now...maybe.

Top of the morning to yous :emotion-44:

• Like 2

The thread title is Coffee and Cables so I guess we should at least mention cables. So to get that part out of the way let me give you my take on that. In some instances I favor cables....especially when hooking up one component to the other. YMMV :)

• Like 2

Spring is near.....GG Gerbing azaleas starting to show a little white and hydrangeas some green. We are not use to the ice storms like we had a few weeks ago that did a lot of natural pruning and resulted in a lot of clean up. Wilmington hired some out of state companies to handle the clean up for $1,200,000 to get us ready for the Azalea Festival.

So hang in there my friends....we will be complaining about the heat soon enough :mellow:

• Like 1

The thread title is Coffee and Cables so I guess we should at least mention cables. So to get that part out of the way let me give you my take on that. In some instances I favor cables....especially when hooking up one component to the other. YMMV :)

Cable talk eh ?

How-a-bout SPEAKER Cable Chat in fact.

Here is the link:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kord Speaker Wire

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I will join you, I usually don't make a big deal about cables but with out them things just don't want to work.

But when your surprised by good quality cheap it's a surprise. This is just a plain 3.5mm male to same on the other end, 15' long for $3.62 from Monoprice.

It's has a really important job, I can lay in the hammock and can change the music on Spotify without getting up from my favorite spot. :)

post-9700-0-87840000-1395251049_thumb.jp

• Like 1