Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 02 Nov 2014 - 3:13 PM, said:

billybob, on 02 Nov 2014 - 12:38 PM, said: This weather has me feeling frisky lately, as it should.

Yesterday at the SoCal coast, we awoke to an atmospheric phenomenon -- droplets of water were falling from the sky!  No, i’m not joking … it really happened. I quickly went inside and googled “water falling from the sky,” and found there is actually a name for it … precipitation.  Fearing this could be the end of the world … I quickly grabbed some take-out from a local eatery, went home, grabbed a guitar and jammed a bit … waiting for whatever was going to happen on this Sci-Fi Saturday.  I don’t know if a meteor had momentarily knocked the earth off it’s axis; but, things are back to normal today … blue sky, sun shining, and mid-70s.  Whew … that was a close one.

California people, there just spoiled.  

Probably so dry out there it just got sucked up immediately, California is still "extra crispy". 

• Like 4

Spoiled?  Did you read the part where i said water was falling from the sky and I was outside in it?  I powered through it and made it home. I know that makes me look like a hero; but, please … firemen, now those guys are the heroes. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Hey guys, well it's back to the shop for a few hours. Didn't get the Accord finnished. It's been nine years since this car has had a Timming belt......so off with the belt. Lather in the afternoon my old shop helper stopped in, he did a quick side job. He still has keys to my shop' he comes and goes when he wants. I have known him since he was 14 he is 28 now, he comes with a long story......enough said....anyway he talked me and the wife to go to dinner......so we all went out to a Japanese steak house.....he has a wife and two kids......it was a good night

Have a good day all :-)

Well I got the old Accord all done: new main and rod bearings, timming belt, adjusted valves, trans fluid. Drives quite nice for a 300k+ gem. My daughter asked "is it all good?'...... I said....."it's all good till it blows-up".......she has tow guys number lol lol.

Catch you guy in the morning....Mark :-)

• Like 4

Left the LF's house at 6:00am.  Car thermometer read 32 degrees. Had to scrape the windshield.  Stopped for breakfast....my usual 2 over medium, bacon, and crisp potatoes.  With coffee of course :)   Then home to feed and walk critter.

Life in the slow lane.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Morning gang

Monday, did not have anything planned, then last night got an email from CL on some reloading equip im selling, so extra cash on the way.

Out of Major Dickinsons Blend, need to fix that today.

Wife just informed me she's taking the day off, hummm, ok, i see meeting my CL buyer in a Pub, this works.

• Like 6

Mornin' all. Pretty good day yesterday. I think we passed the puppy parenting test when the volunteer from the Springer rescue operation paid us a home visit. He brought a foster care Springer with him who was rescued from a puppy mill. Cute little guy in the process of being socialized and doing fairly well for all the neglect he suffered. We're hoping one of the foster pups will be in our home soon. What a rush. Even watching the Broncos get their butts kicked couldn't bring us down! Not much on the agenda today. Rainy and cold (snow in the mountains). Have an excellent day, all.

• Like 5

55 in the Cave and like billybob, im feelin frisky, i like the lower temps.

Coffee W/Duggans and thinking.hummm, Ah Ha, got it, Scotch/Beer run! 

"Newer" C Band receiver will be in this week, $15 bucks on the Bay. once up & running i will be looking into this digital 2D & 4D stuff.

Think ill take the wife with me on my run(s), she will drop a "C" note by herself in Totalwine.

On a side note:

I cannot wait for election Tuesday to be over, these TV Ad's are BS!

These elected morons should get ONE four year stretch, then done, Promise them one million at the end of term.

One month before end of term the public weighs in (internet vote) weather they walk with one mill or 500K, IMO.

Have a good Monday.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Spoiled?  Did you read the part where i said water was falling from the sky and I was outside in it?  I powered through it and made it home. I know that makes me look like a hero; but, please … firemen, now those guys are the heroes. 

Yep I read it, it's amazing you made it home in those tough conditions, almost like a fireman. :cool:

I bet the plants and grass didn't even recognize what was happening, and to think some places have frozen water falling from the sky ! :o  These places are uninhabitable most of the year for normal human beings, as it should be, but some crazies live there anyway, it's called northern states, Sounds crazy but it's true ! :blink:  

• Like 4

There was just an announcement by the President of my shop that we are closed tomorrow for election day. The Pres.....my wife....yelled from her Presidential office into my Vice-Presidential bay and said......... "shop closed tomorrow.......nothing on the schedule and it's election day"........

My Pres is "OK" withe me :-)

• Like 4

Morning gang

Trash Tuesday, nothing to do really with the Voting, i must get my trash to the curb.

Told the wife she is riding with me yesterday, after hitting the Pub and collecting light winnings and dumping old 12Ga reloading gear, hit Bev Mo, they will price match Total Wine if you ask them.

My Lagavulin 16 was up to $89 bucks, after price matching,  $60 bucks, meanwile i sent the wife over to Skeetchers? shoe store.

Then off to Red Lobster who just updated their menu same day.

Im sure the wife enjoyed her day off.

Retirement, it's something to look forward to, just dont wait too long.

• Like 6

Doing the math on retirement...Good Morning...frisky as a squirrel's tail...fall here for a certain.

:emotion-44::smile: Next I will be complaining about it being too cold...what a malcontent.

Nice weather is something to not complain about but, to celebrate here in Cleveland.

It never rains in California :emotion-29: :emotion-29: :emotion-29:

• Like 3