Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang, it's Sunday i believe.

Looking at my cameras a couple hours ago i noticed the street at the end of my backyard driveway was wet.

Opening the rear gate i see water bubbling out of the cracks in the sidewalk, street, and neighbors lawn!

Yeah baby we have a broken water pipe! im thinkin at least 8" to 12" main :o

I called them two hours ago, nobody showing up yet.

So i figured i dont want anybody falling into a sinkhole, so i placed my target shooting road sign out there.

I done my civic duty, time for a BM.

Pics to follow......

post-57941-0-64380000-1416759017_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

• Moderators
Yeah baby we have a broken water pipe! im thinkin at least 8" to 12" main

I think that tree will appreciate the water, better wipe off your shoes, they may try to charge you for stealing water. This is going to be a mess for a while as they repair it. :(

• Like 5

Its been a while, I haven't had much time to stop in and chat.  Seems some folks are dealing with a real snow issue.  Maybe we could find a way to transport it over to Minermark.  Speaking of which Minermark appears to have some different type of water issues.  Well got to run, take care guys and remember to drink your Ovaltine.. 

• Like 6

Happy Monday, guys. Denver metro is actually warming up a bit this week although our central mountains got a fair amount of snow. Good combination ... we stay warmer and the ski resorts/tourism do well. Don't think I'll shuffle off to Buffalo any time soon. Not much to report ... getting ready for Thanksgiving mob, Broncos won and life is good. Check back later.

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Well after three guys spent the day near my driveway, ends up the guy that lives behind me has a hydrant in front of his house and the 10" main has cracked under his lawn, so no water shut down for the neighborhood.

Spent the weekend shopping the web for boat goodies, i do love spending other peoples money, with this wonderfull tool Al Gore has given me, i shop the world, research my buys, and before i buy i do it two more times, end up with a deal dam near everytime because im in no hurry.

Just started shopping for the audio system the farmer wants installed, this boat has many bench seats that are hollow storage underneath.....so we are talkin some major room for speaker install(s).

Farmer likes his country music, i did not ask for his budget in mind, i just told him if he is going to listen to music on my installed system, dont plan on coming home with any fish that day :ph34r: 

So far im shopping 1K watts, 8 speakers, and likely be a Sony based install.

Coffee time, happy Monday. 

• Like 6

Good morning, all. This is TPD!! (Turkey Pickup Day). Ordered a fresh bird from a local meat market. Gonna brine it on Wednesday and smoke it on pecan wood on Thursday, then feed it to the mob. Most likely will not be looting it, either. Check back in a while. Cheers.

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Well it appears we had an uprising after i went to bed :o 

Coffee is tasting mighty fine this morning, daughter has a few weeks off from her first terrible job in her life,

(Cruise Ship based in Alaska), the new son-in-law is still at his terrible job (Cruise Ship Based in Spain).  

So im reflecting on what i was doing at their age, oh yeah, i was on a boat too! - on a river in Laos :o

Day two without the Duggans coffee creamer, i need to fix that today.

• Like 7

• Moderators
minermark, on 25 Nov 2014 - 08:39 AM, said: So im reflecting on what i was doing at their age, oh yeah, i was on a boat too! - on a river in Laos

I think you have them beat as far as terrible jobs at that age, but at least you got a gun with your position, but it's not good when your position requires a gun.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

minermark, on 25 Nov 2014 - 08:39 AM, said: So im reflecting on what i was doing at their age, oh yeah, i was on a boat too! - on a river in Laos

I think you have them beat as far as terrible jobs at that age, but at least you got a gun with your position, but it's not good when your position requires a gun.

When i said "Terrible job" i was trying to say, likely the best time of their life's.

And, yes, after all these years, puttin up a river in the dark with standing orders "Shoot anything that moves" ....i gotta say i liked it, of course we were stoned out of our minds.

• Like 3

Morning (almost) gang

Late midnight oil, got carried away on the boat refurb project.

Work on the wiring during the day and research/buy parts at night, ordered up the Sony system tonight.

Of course tonight was a special treat, some of my other Blogs are having fun with the Riot(s).

Time for some coffee, still have of all things, speaker wire/antenna to buy. :emotion-44::wacko2:

• Like 5