Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

First time seeing a crab pot tree, that's different for sure. Looks easy to setup and take down, I guess the grandkids are going to set ours up tonight if I move some furniture.

I really like live trees but since I always burn them after the holidays it scares me having them inside as quick as they light and burn. You would have very little chance to get out of the house it were to ignite from a bad light or something else.   

• Like 3

We got slammed with snow. About 16 inches and it is wet heavy snow. This is going to be a bear of  a winter. Cars were off the road everywhere last night. People just don't understand that four wheel drive doesn't allow you to STOP faster, only to get to a speed that ensures that you can't stop faster.

Earl, You can add me to the list of driving Fools.

Years ago the Freeway was ice.  Traffic was doing 35 mph.  Couldn't stand it.  Who drives 35 on the freeway?  I passed the lot of them in my CJ-5.  Then my rear tires passed the front end and I landed on one of the few flat level areas along the free way.  Turned in the hubs, drove out and joined the rest of the people doing 35. 

• Like 7

Lol, we have a Christmas tree in a box. Have to ask if she wants it up. Then to try and find it may be harder :cool::emotion-44:

Don't ask! I did and the wife said, "yes." Spent 5 hours digging the 9 ft artificial out of the boxes, and setting it up and fluffing it out every single branch one at a time. I did not even get one light on it yesterday . . . just have a 9 ft green blob in the den now. I have to put lights and bulbs and accoutrements on today still.

After setting up the tree with no lights, wife walked into the house after work and took one look at the tree and said, "That is the old one, I have a new Christmas tree in a box down there in the basement too. It looks much nicer!" I said, "OK, well, we will just go with the once I just setup and throw it away after Christmas so I will not be confused next year!"

I asked, "Do you want white or colored lights on the tree?" Her answer? "You decide." I could be in trouble at the end of this day too. So, I am throwing Mom under the bus . . . I am going to make mom decide on lights color! :-)

Christmas is Hell!

I gotta go get a second cup of coffee as I strategize.

• Like 4

Anybody use a French Press for coffee making?

Thinking about asking the wife for one for Christmas, but I have never used or tasted the coffee from one. Though once, years ago, while I was in Paris, was this beautiful mademoiselle . . . wait a minute, that is a whole different story.

Back to the French Press . . . anybody using one?

• Like 3