Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

morning gang,  Poor jakey got tagged under the eye with a frisbee last night and it swelled up so he is sporting puffy black eye for school today, feel so bad for him but he seems  ok with it

He is telling everyone his brother did it, ("he threw the frisbee when I was not looking and when I turned around it hit me")................We used an ice pack last night for awhile,  anyone have any other ideas for helping with swelling ?????

• Like 3

Mornin' guys. Not too much on the horizon today except grass cutting and trimming. Gotta get out there before I need to bring in a brush hog or our crazy weather takes another 180.

Mark, for your diner friend, maybe get him a thank you card and some $. Simple and small business guys have tough way to go these days.

Cheers to all.

• Like 5

Hey gang, hump day here.  It means something different to me than it does to Chuck (tarheel) though :rolleyes:

Joe, ice is about all you can do.  I'd take a lot of pictures to use for blackmail later down the road.

Mark, I'm confident you'll figure out exactly what to leave the diner guy.  You have a knack for that sort of thing.

(other) Chuck, I'd still rather cut grass than be at work.

You guys have a good one.

• Like 7

Hey gang, hump day here.  It means something different to me than it does to Chuck (tarheel) though :rolleyes:

Joe, ice is about all you can do.  I'd take a lot of pictures to use for blackmail later down the road.

Mark, I'm confident you'll figure out exactly what to leave the diner guy.  You have a knack for that sort of thing.

(other) Chuck, I'd still rather cut grass than be at work.

You guys have a good one.

Already did the pic thing, grandma saw 1 via text and hounded us all morning about take him to the Dr.                  if it hit his eye we certainly would have but it hit the orbital socket bone under his eye (which hurts like hell) and he has puffed up.................................she would not drop it..................Motherinlaws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-14548-0-72240000-1429723161_thumb.j

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 3

Joe,

Get some arnica gel to put on the bruise. It will really help, just makes sure not to get any in his eye. Any drugstore will have some. You can put some on in the morning, and at night before he sleeps. It will speed up the healing...

You can look it up online, to see what I'm talking about.

Bruce

• Like 4

Back to bed Sancho!

Heading out to have breakfast with two other old geezers.  Then a day of yard work.  Cut the grass yesterday so I could take the mower in for a tune up, blade sharpening, new pull cord handle, and oil change.  A1999 John Deere 20" push mower.

Beautiful string of weather.  Found a rather large snake skin in the side yard yesterday :mellow:

LF's Trek bike recalled due to disk brake/front wheel problem :wacko:

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

post-17365-0-93920000-1429873390_thumb.j

• Like 6

Friday Cheers guys. Good grief, Sancho, you are the earliest riser around here! This is "D" day for me in terms of doing some dreaded and long avoided exercise. An old buddy has finally gotten me to agree to visit Planet Fitness with him. I mean haven't I walked Baxter every day? Haven't I already lost weight? Don't I cut the grass?? Why?? Oh why??? Guess I need to man up and see what my fate will be.

On a cheerier note some of my 'new' tunes (actually oldies by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons) are starting to sound pretty good on the Hammond. Just about ready to play with my guitar buddy again.

Happy Friday, all.

• Like 5

Good Saturday morning coffee gang......

Up early, as our first motorcycle riders club event is today, and my first time on the bike since late fall .... All is ready, putting on the warm gear, as it is 30 degrees out !! I will bring back some photos, as I am our club's photographer as well... We got a grilled chicken and baked potato dinner being cooked up by our gals, and all the added salads etc.....

Meanwhile, a nice biscotti with rich chocolate covering from Whole Foods and Mellita coffee ;0)

Enjoy the day everyone.....

.......Garyimage.jpg1_195.jpg

• Like 5

More yard work yesterday.  I have never been able to prune all the azaleas without cutting through a power cord.  Yesterday was no different.  I have to string my three (now two) cords to reach the border by the road.  So after cutting one in half I had to finish the last ones by hand :wacko:

Have fun on your ride Gary and post pictures.

Threw out fertilizer yesterday and rain called for today.

Have a great weekend and as always.......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Morning gang, breakfast this morning is scrambled eggs with quinoa, onion, green peppers. Along with toast and coffee. Good ole Folgers for me this morning.

Been some good spring rain here is spring. Well soccer at 930. Then some home work, then hopefully off to the campsite. I'll check in shortly.

Forgot to add the picture

e56161f1b073c204d28380d909a6dbaa.jpg

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 7