Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning guys.....well late morning....

No shop today and will be closed till Mon or Tue. My boss (wife) told me we are going to Ocean City for a few days. So me as a good employee said "OK"..

Just took the wife her 1st cup. I'm working on my 2nd cup and have been on the CL looking for stuff I don't need. We will leave in a few hours.....no kids, no shop, no used car guys to deal with...oh yea..

Wishing all a great Friday

MKP :-)

Sounds like what i WAS planning except my M3 horn guy never called me back :o

All i can find between here and Monterey is Bose and Evs. dont want/need either.

• Like 6

Morning gang

Still do not know direction.

Maybe north to Oregon, now id go there and then look for a CL score after i got there.

The wife has NO problem with Bandon :emotion-21:

The wife is getting better at the "Grind", and i better stop complaining.

Going for the second cup, Duggans enhanced  :emotion-21:  :emotion-44: 

• Like 6

All i can find between here and Monterey is Bose and Evs. dont want/need either.

Go hang out in Half Moon Bay for a spell until something turns up. 

Did i read that you were going to Santa Cruz?  That places brings back some VERY nice memories.  I wonder if the Big Dipper is still in operation?

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

May Day, May Day, What exactly is May Day. Which ever, nothing like starting May Day off with a nice cup of coffee.

Third cup of Coffee and im done, waiting on dinner and doing a CL search.

Not doing to well looking for my next "Horns" rather odd items keep poping up on my search.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/5002691311.html

A little further away than a weekend drive, but here is something you might be interested in.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/ele/4966379088.html

Man, those are some Kinky looking Woofer/Cone thingy's, indeed my kind of stuff.

I have not hit the Bay as of yet, kind of focused on a road trip.

• Like 4

I keep wanting to go riding, but there is always work to do! I did get the yard mowed before it started raining.

Get that work completed so to enjoy your "wasser boxer". Nice motor, more refined than my now gone ST twin. For now my two wheeled German iron is of inline 6 design. Sweetest little engine you can imagine.

Ride safe

ELcyirsl.jpg

• Like 3

Ahhhh made it to the ocean......the drive really sucked. Most of the time it takes me about three hours. This time it was almost five hours in the van. Oh well all is good.

Wife packed the coffee maker and I will be in use......in the AM. We can't handle those little 4 cup makers they give us in the condo.

So with said......I'll check in with my coffee buds in the morning.....

• Like 7

Coffee be-a-flowin

Wife looks to be busy for the next two weeks, jury duty.

Looks like im free wheeling it, good, iv decided to pick up a couple Line Arrays and a couple small crown Amps and play around, see what these critters can do.

Looks like some great names make them so pickin a couple could be fun.

On with the search :emotion-21::emotion-44:

• Like 6

Ahhhh made it to the ocean......the drive really sucked. Most of the time it takes me about three hours. This time it was almost five hours in the van. Oh well all is good.

Wife packed the coffee maker and I will be in use......in the AM. We can't handle those little 4 cup makers they give us in the condo.

So with said......I'll check in with my coffee buds in the morning.....

We have for the last five years, taken our own pot wherever we go.

Rumor has it, Airline stewardess clean their pantyhose in room coffee pots.... :o :o ...EKKKK!

• Like 6

Morning gang, raining here.  Currently enjoying a rock playlist on Spotify that I built.    Trying a different coffee, I don't remember the name but its been good.  I have a test for school today, kind of a collage entrance exam.  My current job doesn't require me to have a degree, but the higher up manager is the type that feels they are important.  I am over half done with 2 classes that didn't require the entrance exam.  But I need to take these to continue.  I figured the last 2 classes were fairly easy, and the company is paying for it.  So why not continue, I mean its only 2.5 years so it should go by quickly. 

Cold Coffee and shopping, dam if there is not something in my own back yard!

A tad to pricey For experimenting with, dont know enough about these critters yet.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/5004744216.html

I'd like to see the sellers face when Mark tells them he will be using them in his 2 channel garage rig :ohmy:

Yes MKP welcome back to the mix, enjoy the beach/ocean.  We don't have an ocean here, I guess that is why our towns new motto is we don't coast :wacko: .  So I did the next best thing, purchased a camper and set it up down on a leased lot by a lake.  That is where we will be heading this afternoon, with friends to join. 

Since we are allowed to build decks, I was thinking building one like a stage.  Than house a couple of MWMs under it :D ,  I've been looking at acoustic/electric basses.  There might be some late night bluegrass jam sessions. 

We time to run, I have to get ready for that test you know last minute cramming.  Plus finish some home work :angry: , I'll catch you guys on the flip side.

• Like 6

Morning gang, raining here.  Currently enjoying a rock playlist on Spotify that I built.    Trying a different coffee, I don't remember the name but its been good.  I have a test for school today, kind of a collage entrance exam.  My current job doesn't require me to have a degree, but the higher up manager is the type that feels they are important.  I am over half done with 2 classes that didn't require the entrance exam.  But I need to take these to continue.  I figured the last 2 classes were fairly easy, and the company is paying for it.  So why not continue, I mean its only 2.5 years so it should go by quickly. 

Cold Coffee and shopping, dam if there is not something in my own back yard!

A tad to pricey For experimenting with, dont know enough about these critters yet.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/5004744216.html

I'd like to see the sellers face when Mark tells them he will be using them in his 2 channel garage rig :ohmy:

Yes MKP welcome back to the mix, enjoy the beach/ocean.  We don't have an ocean here, I guess that is why our towns new motto is we don't coast :wacko: .  So I did the next best thing, purchased a camper and set it up down on a leased lot by a lake.  That is where we will be heading this afternoon, with friends to join. 

Since we are allowed to build decks, I was thinking building one like a stage.  Than house a couple of MWMs under it :D ,  I've been looking at acoustic/electric basses.  There might be some late night bluegrass jam sessions. 

We time to run, I have to get ready for that test you know last minute cramming.  Plus finish some home work :angry: , I'll catch you guys on the flip side.

The two medium concert guys im conversing with understand im feeling this out for my "Hanger Rig" and agree, something like this could work well.

Currently have two more EAW stacks in the hanger like the ones im running at home, but i never intended on really using them in the hanger, was kind of keeping them for the next "New" house.

Iv got plans for this major space, iv had plans for 30 years, thank god money caught up with my Fantasy(s).

• Like 4

Happy Sat. a.m. folks. On my second cup and as far as I know no panty hose have ever inhabited the pot. OMG, Mark, where did you hear that one?!?

We batted .500 yesterday on the new appliances. New dishwasher is in. Great. However, Sears sold us the wrong size wall oven even though I accurately provided the dimensions of the space and size of the unit we have now.  Went back to Sears and asked them to substitute the right size in the same type oven and that we'd pay any price difference, but at the sales price in effect when we placed the order (a few weeks ago). They couldn't (i.e., wouldn't) do that so I cancelled the oven order. Dumb way to lose sales. Back to the drawing board.

Gonna get moving here and do some outdoor projects before rain later today. Cheers guys.

• Like 6

Morning gang

Likely be taking the wife out to a Pub breakfast.

Pot of the Dickinsons blend is just about done.

Finding many goodies shopping for these line arrays, cannot wait to take one apart.

I want to know why they cost so much, i want to know what is in it, that makes it different, one type

over to the other, man i just got to know!

Wife has mentioned, why not get that SP outta Hayward airpark and up to Reno?

I dont know, Just dont care ?

I'll get to it, dam im on a mission........Coffee/Duggans....

• Like 6

Good morning coffee gang.  JUST went through two days worth of postings here.........Busy as always...!   ;)

Anyway, Mark, I was wondering why you were looking into a pro-PA system...   Good line arrays do have self contained amps.  

Our production crew, ie sound engineer's  system from mid and high range upper drivers to the high tech subs are all self contained, so there are NO external amp racks and stuff like that hanging around. He makes his living with these tools, and over 3 years on the road, they are STILL like brand new thanks to the custom covers for everything including those subwoofers!  He is a real fanatic, I wouldn't even think of putting a foot on one of his stage monitors :o

His iPad communicates with the digital mixing desk via it's own wifi system, so he is always walking around, listening to the mix.   Well, with 9 of us up on stage, it is a handful :) . 

Wouldn't a used set of K'horns in the hanger do the trick?   CLEAN SPLs are never a problem, one in each corner, a stereo amp of 60-100 wpc and good to go I would think ^_^ .

Ok, like everyone else, it is off to begin spring outdoor work, cleaning the deck, setting up the outdoor furnishings etc...

Melitta medium roast (3rd MUG) going........but switching to spring water soon B)

.....have a good day my friends...

.............Gary

• Like 7

Good morning coffee gang.  JUST went through two days worth of postings here.........Busy as always...!   ;)

Anyway, Mark, I was wondering why you were looking into a pro-PA system...   Good line arrays do have self contained amps.  

Our production crew, ie sound engineer's  system from mid and high range upper drivers to the high tech subs are all self contained, so there are NO external amp racks and stuff like that hanging around. He makes his living with these tools, and over 3 years on the road, they are STILL like brand new thanks to the custom covers for everything including those subwoofers!  He is a real fanatic, I wouldn't even think of putting a foot on one of his stage monitors :o

His iPad communicates with the digital mixing desk via it's own wifi system, so he is always walking around, listening to the mix.   Well, with 9 of us up on stage, it is a handful :) . 

Wouldn't a used set of K'horns in the hanger do the trick?   CLEAN SPLs are never a problem, one in each corner, a stereo amp of 60-100 wpc and good to go I would think ^_^ .

Ok, like everyone else, it is off to begin spring outdoor work, cleaning the deck, setting up the outdoor furnishings etc...

Melitta medium roast (3rd MUG) going........but switching to spring water soon B)

.....have a good day my friends...

.............Gary

Iv listened to a few systems a couple guys have already, in a Hanger space, they all said "arrays" because you can hang them.

Bass is not an issue, large room treatment looks like a must.

60' X 100' is the Keeper hanger, and no i dont plan on lighting the whole thing up with sound.

Have planned for quite some time, hanging curtains to cordon off a section, size ? dont know yet.

This is my Retirement space, 30 years of thinking, plenty of room for one and three quarters of Aircraft.

And No, the SP is NOT one of them. new house first, then think about passing on the SP.

Sucking down the last of the Dickinsons blend, thinking about a Good Corn Dog.....Hummm.

• Like 8

Morning gang.....

My wife brought me my 1st cup of coffee in bed about 20 min ago.....mmmmm good. Man my wife is the best, and she just took my cup for the 2nd one...oh yea.

So first on the list is breakfast......we go to this restaurant that only serves omlets. I'm not much of a omlet guy....but we found this place about 10 years ago. One omlet will take care of me and the wife. We always get it with lump crab, mushrooms and spinach.

After that it'll be off to the boardwalk for icecream and watch the weird people........there might be people watching me.....lol I'll

Yea Mark I'm with you....I like that Line Array stuff, don't know were it would go......and yea that money thing kinda slows me down a bit.

duder....the deck on the back of my house is 34'x24' so it's like a stage. My Ev's will be pumping out the jams this summer and if they can't put out enough sound the 2nd set of KP362's will be called upon. I've been looking at getting some big subs for the deck.....but it's that money thing again......

Chuck get all those appliances taken care of......good luck with that....

OK gang gotta run.....wife says times up......omlets are calling.....

Wishing all a great day and a great weekend.....

• Like 7