Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Edit: Sorry I came off like an SOB. Nancy is picking up my reflux medicine. Have been doing remarkably well considering, I sound like a dictator.

And make dang sure it is dry!

Do not want any mold growing under the berber.

sorry to hear about the water/condensate problem.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 3

I have never said to anyone (or even THOUGHT) 'Man, I need a toe job!' On the other hand, a hot rodded Marantz sounds excellent.

This has been a true PITA morning exploring options for supplemental health insurance. Ahhh ..... the 'golden years.......

Have an excellent day guys and cheers!

• Like 2

Afternoon guys...

just got caught up on what's going on...coffee all done, gotta go to the store with the wife...I hate the store!!!!  Oh well gotta do what I gotta do.

Check in later.......she's yelling for me....

MKP :-)

Yelling for you , or AT YOU  :D

Morning guys, has cooled down here a bit, car issue hopefully solved looks like the wires are original as they are very brittle at the ends and breaking, got bored and pulled the wire off cyl 1 and found it broken at the plug end, performed a temp repair as I did on cyl 2, Off to get a wire set today Hopefully not to Expensive

Later

Yelling at me.....yelling for me .......it don't matter

I hear ya. Its all the same  :D

• Like 3

Afternoon guys...

just got caught up on what's going on...coffee all done, gotta go to the store with the wife...I hate the store!!!!  Oh well gotta do what I gotta do.

Yelling for you , or AT YOU  :D

Morning guys, has cooled down here a bit, car issue hopefully solved looks like the wires are original as they are very brittle at the ends and breaking, got bored and pulled the wire off cyl 1 and found it broken at the plug end, performed a temp repair as I did on cyl 2, Off to get a wire set today Hopefully not to Expensive

Later

Joe, it's time to take your oldest, and make a auto junk yard visit, $5bucks and you can replace every dam spark wire......

All for that except every Junk Yard near me was shut down B-4  I moved here, its weird there are at least 3 closed yards in less than a 5 mile radios.  Been curious about weather the county or state came out with laws  etc... that forced them out

on the side:: went to advance auto to pick up the wires and they had 2 sets , 49.99, and 41.99, salesman says the 49.99 were better wires, I asked whats the warranty,  He replies they are both Lifetime warranty <_< ,  Ill take the 41.99 please. since I am already at the parts store I price an oil change FREAKING 30.00 for 1 gallon of OIL (Insert middle finger)  so I take a look at 10w30 instead off 5w20, and there sets Rotella 10w30 for 18.00 a gallon

I know the rotella is used  in rigs driving over the road so I figure it will be good enough in my 120,000 mile ford

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 2

• Moderators
I know the rotella is used in rigs driving over the road so I figure it will be good enough in my 120,000 mile ford

It's what I use in my tractor and car, and not because of price, I think it's good oil.

They put it in heavy equipment that cost over a quarter million, they wouldn't buy cheaper oil to save a couple of dollars.

• Like 2

Afternoon guys...

just got caught up on what's going on...coffee all done, gotta go to the store with the wife...I hate the store!!!! Oh well gotta do what I gotta do.

Yelling for you , or AT YOU :D

Later

Joe, it's time to take your oldest, and make a auto junk yard visit, $5bucks and you can replace every dam spark wire......

All for that except every Junk Yard near me was shut down B-4 I moved here, its weird there are at least 3 closed yards in less than a 5 mile radios. Been curious about weather the county or state came out with laws etc... that forced them out

on the side:: went to advance auto to pick up the wires and they had 2 sets , 49.99, and 41.99, salesman says the 49.99 were better wires, I asked whats the warranty, He replies they are both Lifetime warranty <_< , Ill take the 41.99 please. since I am already at the parts store I price an oil change FREAKING 30.00 for 1 gallon of OIL (Insert middle finger) so I take a look at 10w30 instead off 5w20, and there sets Rotella 10w30 for 18.00 a gallon

I know the rotella is used in rigs driving over the road so I figure it will be good enough in my 120,000 mile ford

Your car is designed to run on 5W20.

• Like 1

Morning folks.  Hang in there Sancho...boarding for the promise land is now in sight!

It's been fun catching up on some of the goings on here. Lot of members with a good sense of humor.  "Just coming through the doors puts a big smile on my face".  Thanks Toby! 

MM.....you know you're always welcome here so don't be a stranger. 

Hope your test came back okay Steve!

Three volunteer jobs now.  Just signed up for a local bird rescue group. They needed help.  Hope they don't have me changing the paper on the bottom of Parakeet cages.

See if I can squeeze in a bike ride this morning. 

Retirees it's Wednesday.  Worker bees hump day already?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents 

• Like 7

Happy Wednesday folks. Getting ready for a long weekend trip to a conference. My lady took off work today to take care of essential trip preps like a hair appointment.

Hey Chuck .... did you check with Jake on the bird rescue? Lots of rescue folks wind up taking in the rescued animals. Careful .....

Try to check back later. Cheers and have a great day.

• Like 3

Afternoon friends......

Ok, not to detract from the auto chats, I am into that as well, but, thought I would do a little updating of the organ convention, now into day 4....I am sure some of you have heard of Holst Planets? Well, last night this organ (same that was used for that movie night which you saw), a very top organist his wife and an assistant were at the console (yes, took THREE persons!) to play the full orchestral score arranged/transcribed by the featured artist ;0)

The power of this instrument is immense and I recorded it at (24/96) resolution with my quality M/S mic 15' up... Sat in the first pew and it was incredible! I could not wait to get home at all hours to run it through the Dynaco/Khorn system! First off, I goofed at NOT bringing the new DB meter, a REAL one and not an iPad app., to see what the level was where I was sitting to replicate back home.

Let me say, since the trip home from the experience is only about 5 minutes away, I was able to approximate.. Well, I had to really juice the system to equal a similar level!! The sound is not quite as full in some ways (not all about volume) as being there, but probably ONE of the best recordings I have heard of the instrument.. The Velodyne brought it home where the Khorn's begin to attenuate at their 32hz.

Here is a photo I wanted to send from last night to you all just before the show....

image.jpg1_318.jpg

• Like 6