Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

.....but, right now I am on 'standby' for this organ (Chuck as I remembered liked the casework ), the convention goers have been visiting organs under our care throughout this region and into Connecticut today, and all the past 5 months of restorative work on this late 1800's organ we have been doing, it has come down to THIS night...

The church has been fully restored on the interior, including a brand new bell/clock tower (which was ripped off the church and in a heap on the front lawn by an F3 tornado) has been replicated to original specification. Even the cell phone co. has their new antennas concealed with in it !!

....anyway, here, the front of the church is in 'concert' mode and the organist is rehearsing right now for the after dinner concert for 300 persons.. A photo of the setting.... (all the antique chandeliers have been cleaned and relamped with new LED bulbs, the front set are illuminated as shown either side of the choir area)image.jpg1_319.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Thanks guys... Chuck, I will be editing that concert recording soon as things settle down a bit......

I have more photos I just took around outside, including that HUGE bell and tower weather vane...

Off to dinner to meet up with the many people that have NEVER heard this organ or been in this church. ;0))

Enjoy your evening everyone...

.........Gary

• Like 6

Mornin' guys. Will be on the road this weekend starting this evening but will try to check in when/if I can.

Gary, thanks for the great pictures and narrative. Keep 'em coming. We had the privilege of listening to an organist rehearsing when we were in Germany and it was a real kick. You get to do that regularly! Cool stuff.

Everybody have be well and have a fun, safe 4th. Cheers, of course.....

Chuck

• Like 5

Am sitting in a recovery room with my wife. She had surgery on her wrist, repairing an injury from last Fall. She's rather out of it... Got here at 12:00. I'm glad it's a long weekend.

Bruce

• Like 5

• Moderators
The church has been fully restored on the interior, including a brand new bell/clock tower

That's a good looking church Tigerman, it's perfect, like it was just restored.......I know... I know

• Like 3

Hello everyone...... Sorry for being so scarce, but busy times hosting this OHS convention with our instruments etc...

It has ALL come down to the final organ performance.....

It is about to be streamed LIVE.... If you would like to see this, go to The Historical Organ Society website and look for a live link there..

A countdown is started and you can see it there.... I will send photos as I can..

......enjoy...... Gary

• Like 5

The concert is delayed to 8:30 eastern..

Here is the view from my seat.... We have been restoring this organs damaged section from a major ice damn that destroyed key components in this organ and scrambling all month to get it ready for what will happen moments from now..... All tuned, wind leaks fixed one whole section re leathered completely, ready to go......image.jpg3_38.jpg

• Like 5