Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Ok Dave.......thank you for your comment...    I am looking forward to your project with that little Kilgen...   Also realized that it is smaller then the ones we take care off, did not see you photo on the iPad, but it came through on this laptop.  That really is cute!, how many ranks in that one ??

Good morning Steve and thank you for the compliment, well, that is dad's work, I only handled the coffee, MY waffles and pancakes don't come out as nicely, but we all use different mixes and such, still his beat mine out in texture everytime.   I need to get the photos up from last night's dinner that Chris did up, very good and tasty fresh scallop scampi ^_^ and those will be over in FF&M...

Ok, I am 'up' tonight for an Italian dinner..   I have my fresh ingredients..  A sauce of fresh sage, portabella mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes in a garlic and olive oil sauce.   Rice penne from the Asian market visit yesterday.   We will run out to our favorite glass shop today, pickup some more 'Fiesta Ware' for the house along with another stop at the market for some last minute items, more VINO for one :D

Mark, not too sure about the bang for buck.........Propane is a bit more expensive from what I have heard to NG.  I think most anyone here heating/cooling or cooking with it may confirm ?  Just found a site called Propane 101.  Very good examples of the two fuels and how they are derived and their efficiency vs. cost vs. each type....  Both are considered 'clean' and alternative fuels, although NG is considered a green house contributor...  :mellow:

All for now.........time to get the day started.....hard to get going when you have no schedules / times to adhere to :)  all you 'pensioners' know just what I am saying :D

............more later today I'm sure...

............Gary :emotion-29:

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

Kilgen  Petit Ensemble

GREAT                      SWELL                      PEDAL
    8' Violin Diapason        16' Sub Gedeckt        16' Bourdon
    8' Gedeckt                     8' Violin Diapason     8' Gedeckt
    8' Dulciana                    8' Gedeckt                 4' Octave
    4' Octave Geigen          4' Octave Geigen      4' Flute
    4' Flute d'Amour            4' Flute d'Amour
    4' Salicet                       2' Super Octave
    2 2/3' Geigen Nazard    8' Oboe
    2' Super Octave            Tremolo

This is a typical "Kilgen Petite Ensemble" specification.  Probably some variations over the production run as this was a factory production instrument.  You probably could judge better, but it's about 4 ranks I think. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 4

THANKS MKP!

It's non-Vtec (Civic LX) and I am most certain that it is the IAC. Once it throws the code again I'll run up to Advance and pull the code.

Appreciate the advice.

The IAC is on the backside of the throttle body...correct? Has to coolant lines running to it?

Yes Jeff, it has two small coolant hose running to it. Most of the time it is easier just to take the throttle body off the intake....and when the throttle body is off you can really give it a good cleaning. You can take out the idle adjust screw and clean that. There should be some type of grey sealer over the screw. Remove that stuff then turn the screw "in" to seat it....count the number of turns till it seats. That will give you a point to set the screw after you have cleaned it and the idle port...... if it took you 1.5 turns to seat it....seat the screw back in and back it out 1.5 turns. There is a idle set procedure.....but that should get ya in the ballpark.

If you need info I can e-mail it to ya.....just pm me.....

Good luck...

MKP :-)

• Like 8

THANKS MKP!

It's non-Vtec (Civic LX) and I am most certain that it is the IAC. Once it throws the code again I'll run up to Advance and pull the code.

Appreciate the advice.

The IAC is on the backside of the throttle body...correct? Has to coolant lines running to it?

Yes Jeff, it has two small coolant hose running to it. Most of the time it is easier just to take the throttle body off the intake....and when the throttle body is off you can really give it a good cleaning. You can take out the idle adjust screw and clean that. There should be some type of grey sealer over the screw. Remove that stuff then turn the screw "in" to seat it....count the number of turns till it seats. That will give you a point to set the screw after you have cleaned it and the idle port...... if it took you 1.5 turns to seat it....seat the screw back in and back it out 1.5 turns. There is a idle set procedure.....but that should get ya in the ballpark.

If you need info I can e-mail it to ya.....just pm me.....

Good luck...

THANKS!!

I had planned on taking the TB off as it seemed to be the easier path and would allow me to get it as clean as possible. Appreciate the info on the idle adjust screw...was wondering where that was...know exactly were it is now with the grey sealant stuff comment!

- Jason (JEF are my initials...not the best choice for a screen name I guess...LOL)

• Like 7

Odd that there is an idle adjust screw AND IAC.  What's the screw for MKP base idle?  IAC takes care of loads at idle (AC, PS etc)?  Seems it could all be done electronically with the IAC.

Yea Carl in that "old" car it's just a base idle adjustment. Some of the Honds's still have that screw...but it does nothing. It's just there and it's seated from the factory. Like you said...the newer Honda's use IAC for all idle and load adjustments.

Ahhhh Jason....not Jeff.....got it....lol lol..

• Like 8

Hey guys ... busy morning so I missed you earlier. Tried to catch up on 'likes' and sorry if I missed any. Other than that (?), I don't have a damn thing to add!!

Gonna try to play some tunes this afternoon. Actually been working on an old (1920's) tune by Jelly Roll Morton of all things. Fun stuff. Later .....

• Like 10

Morning Gang

72 in the cave, perfect.

Mr Crow has been Roosting in the living room for a couple of days now, and has been sleeping.

Voice changing circuitry is a week out but i want to "Play".

Thinned out the grind of the new whole bean coffee w/folgers 100%columbian, seems to enhance the flavor, effect? well im not gettng my morning/afternoon naps lately :o

Friday for you worker Bee's

post-57941-0-38520000-1440159235_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 9

Good Morning all - I'm only in the office half a day today. Headed up to the house on Lake LBJ this afternoon for a weekend of relaxing, listening to music, drinking and I may even take the boat out. Regardless of what I do, a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work.

• Like 10

Well drought has been replaced by daily drenching.  I've gone from kicking up dust while mowing to getting bogged down in the wet jungle we call a lawn.  The whole process took about a week or so.  As they say locally, if you don't like the weather in south east TX.............................just wait.

Happy Friday all.

• Like 8

Good morning everyone

lazy and relaxing weekend ahead...no big plans except for my Fantasy Football Draft on Sunday. Going to take the TB off the Honda tomorrow to clean it up and try to fix the IAC.

Other than that it'll be mostly Football, Music and maybe a touch of Bourbon here and there.....

• Like 9

Morning / Afternoon All

Boys last weekend off b-4 school on monday............. :( , I will miss the little rats  :)

Not much happening today gotta order tune up parts for the marquis, yesterday the heater hose broke at the waterpump nozzle, cut and slid it down working fine then I found 2 plug wires just laying on the plug, not clipped.............she runs a good deal better now. Figure a tune up cant hurt

Need to figure out how to check the throttle valve cable that leads to the transmission and make sure it is correct, apparently that can result in a burnt up trans and I dont need anymore of those

Later

• Like 5

Today was a productive day. I mowed the lawn, then watered it; ripped about 50 cd's to a USB drive; aired up my neighbors tires for her; grilled some fajitas and worked on a custom turntable I am building.

How can you mention the words CUSTOM TURNTABLE and not share pics  :huh:

Ok, here is a short video of the 1" paperstone being CNC'd. I'll get some pictures, once I take them.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sn4ZsMUsQkE

Can't wait to see some pics. I want to build a custom plinth or two but will be old fashioned manual. Can't wait to see what you build.

• Like 7

Ok, here is a short video of the 1" paperstone being CNC'd. I'll get some pictures, once I take them.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sn4ZsMUsQkE

Can't wait to see some pics. I want to build a custom plinth or two but will be old fashioned manual. Can't wait to see what you build.

There are a few pics earlier in this thread. New ones coming as soon as the wood arrives, so I can start on the turntable base. By the way, the plinth could be done with a template or jig and a router. CNC makes it easier but isn't the only way to do it.

• Like 7