Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well, bit the bullet and finally bought a snowblower....the last two winters here have been insane.  Of course this year (after I've made this purchase), we will probably get hardly anything....but I'll be ready!!  If anyone is in the market, Cub Cadet has a 10% off deal this week on all of their models, and they are all top rated.

post-12530-0-10880000-1441124940.png

• Like 3

Sheesh.  Really thought if I titled my post "Expert Advice..." I'd get some attention.  Perhaps nobody goes to "General Questions" or we are fresh out of experts.  I've seen a few here this AM...maybe you could go over to "General" and take a look?  PUHLLEEEZE?

Dave

• Like 2

Forgot to mention.....tell your son "well done" for me Dave. Is he still interested in the old mans audio passion?

Not so much YET.  The boy is first chair viola in the orchestra and first chair trombone in the top band...both after one year.  His ears are extraordinary.  But he has shown very little interest in listening yet.  Give him some time and I believe he'll come around.  Perhaps his ears are so good it all sounds like crap.  I don't know.

At his age I could hear well into the low 20k region.  Don't know if that is the case with him but he made good sounds with a violin from day one...and that is very rare.

Dave

• Like 6

Car update

Just got a text from my body shop friend.....over the weekend he told me not to order any parts until he gets a quote from his source for panels...

I had found a guy on ebay and he quoted me Hood - $150, Fenders - $45 x 2, Radiator support - $80, Headlight Housings - $60, SHipping - $20...so $400

Friend just text me saying he can get it all at his jobber rates for $300... :cool:  :emotion-21:

• Like 6

Discussed it with my fornication source over the weekend and we've decided to go ahead and have the whole car done....some dings dents and such repaired and complete repaint....I'm going to do the majority of the body work with my friend doing the chassis work and spraying the car for me....he thinks I can get it all done for under $1000

Car has super low miles on it and is now running like a top averaging 34mpg.....may make it a father/son project and fix it up for him to take in 2 years when he turns 16

• Like 6

Kendall, are you taking him to a specialized children's hospital?  The difference in care between our local hospitals and TX children's hospital is night and day.  Most states have a specialized children's hospital I would think. 

I'm glad he's home.

• Like 6