Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

54 F. this morning, 93 Now; may set a record high.

Gave me an excuse to look at Alex Wilson, who said something about ears perking up about environmentalist whacko climate warming...

She caused something to perk up, all right...

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 7

...now she can flush her toilet and use her sink...Yay

She must be really tall and a good multitasker.

Going to have to think abit on it Carl but, yes I wish she was taller. And multitasking is the problem now, as doing woman's work ATM.That plumber came back and finished pumping up the pressure on her and finished the job a day early. Nice guy and mighty reasonable. Same age as me but was wirier and, BTW, this dude plumber makes my 1-2 cups of java per day seem mighty small.

You were busy doing your excellent work on your BR, or would have called you.

• Like 6

Greetings all - still in the vehicle hunt.  Love my job, but am actually quite excited for the weekend this week.  Stayed up too late watching a locally made cheeseball movie.  (Moose-The Movie).

Post lunch coffee is on board, second son turned 1 over the weekend, life is good.   Enjoy the day!

• Like 7

Sorry - I realize I left that off - it's an import - Volvo XC90.  We have a great relationship with our mechanic.  He has done minor maint on it, he looked at it and recommended we take it to the dealer bc it's in deep and he felt if he could even get to it, it would likely be expensive and he wasn't confident he could do it as efficiently as they could.  I've had my truck for 16 years ('00 Silverado) and he's kept it running like a top.  Things happen I guess, but I was kind of waiting for the camera crew to come out when he dropped the $11k pricetag.  I know imports are more, but seriously?  We did get it used off CL for 22k four years ago, but they had maint records from the dealer.  Our mechanic looked when we bought it, said it looked great, felt pretty good about it and then out of nowhere...  They have better reputations than that.  More to come I suppose.  We won't have them do anything without a detailed list of the problem and take it to our guy first. etc.

Got our 99 Volvo V70 2.4 liter engine used with 113k on it installed, total cost, with new heater core which blew when the timing belt broke for 3k...total.

Haven't looked but would be good to know if interference or non-interference engine. When timing belt breaks, on an interference type, damage is done to valves, possiibly piston.

In any case, 11k is waytto much when a used engine installed, or another SUV can be had for around half that. Anyway, good luck!

Usually timing belt good for 100k between changes so 84k, abit premature.

Of course, you are way up there so, probably way off base, I am.

Good info!  We are still on the hunt.  I have spoken with three Volvo mechanics in Seattle and a dealer and the overall consensus is still no confident.  So we're looking for a new vehicle and we may see if we can limp this one along for a while. 

• Like 6

Evening Gang

Up from Nap. Chicken/Dumplings cassarole :emotion-21:

New Belgium "Farmhouse Ale" is the flavor of the evening :emotion-21:

Current weather, 86, Humd 23%, skys as grey as the carolinas in winter.

Zero rain and only 10% chance expetced.

Movie and rest on the venue, just another retirement "Workday" :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-03940000-1444956562_thumb.j

• Like 9

Long evening at the house....but lots getting done....and I found our first attic treasure when setting off a bug bomb...cleaned up really nice....but only hums when turned on...all 5 tubes light up so guessing caps need replaced.

post-61358-0-52540000-1444957927_thumb.j

post-61358-0-03180000-1444957943_thumb.j

post-61358-0-43540000-1444957954_thumb.j

Edited by JEFKlipsch
  • Like 10

Good evening everyone.............just went through TWO days of postings!!   Mark, you are funny as always, try not to over work that body! ^_^ (for it needs to mainly nap - 'specially after a jaunt on a mini bike!) :lol:  

Ceptor, great on the fall tour..............here in New England, we are reaching peak season and it is beautiful right in my own back 40!  HOWEVER, to let you all know, we are leaving for our usual and annual trip to Ogunquit MAINE in the later morning, but will have the laptop and iPad for staying in touch with you all :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Keep you updated from up north with photos etc...

Have a good evening my friends...

............Gary...................... :sleep:

• Like 10