Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Halloween Gents :emotion-14:  Scary huh?

Missed LF's call while walking the Jakester.  Second cup in hand and thinking about western nest eggs for breakfast. 

A beautiful fall day here.....maybe a bike ride and wash the car.

Don't think I've had the system on all week :wacko2:

It's Saturday worker bees....have a great weekend.

Man 10 years goes by fast :wink:

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 10

Happy Halloween gang

Wife picked me up a fresh bottle of the Duggans on her downtown run.

Coffee tasting mighty fine this morning.

It appears Joe will be the next up for the BS cult membership, good luck with that Joe.

81, Dry, projected here today. they say rain sun/mon, we shall see.

Going for the third cup, have a safe trick or treat evening :emotion-21:  :emotion-14:

post-57941-0-68700000-1446302805_thumb.j

• Like 10

Good Halloween Saturday everyone!  :emotion-14:  :emotion-14: :emotion-14:  

Thanks AKD for the compliment, I ended up going over to the Digital Concert Hall (Berlin Philharmonic) and catching the second video on Herbert Von K.   Very interesting.....subtitles and all...   One more in the series to watch, but that is for another time.

Today, I go out and setup my scary effects and visuals with very loud sounds for the kids and parents tonight...   I am creating a pathway across my UN-mowed lawn (waiting for the landscape co. to come and do their fall cleanup) by mowing a close cut walkway. 

It will be lined with tomb stones, strobes and lighted pumpkins leading to my door.  A PURPLE LED light will be used in the post lamp and a high power LED strobe inside the main entry door shining upward from the first floor below.. :emotion-21:

Should be good to go...

Ok...........time to move....

Enjoy your day, and Luther, let us see a picture of your subwoofer!  (when it arrives)

........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 9

Six most hated words by women.

1. Moist

2. Squirt  

3. Panties

4. Chunky

5. Curd 

6. Flap

You can draw your own conclusions as to why.

5 and 6 have me a bit perplexed though.  I guess you have to be a woman to understand why.

Really?

Curd: yeast infection.

Flap: Ya know, like the old dried up crusty grey ones...

• Like 3

Car washed.  Meeting a bud to drive 25 miles to Lanes Ferry for some tasty bar-b-q in a few minutes.

Gary take pictures of the Halloween decorations for us

Luther we will be waiting for pics and a review.

Mark.....its early.....go back to bed!

• Like 9

Yep, that's it!  You adjust roast with time and bean load.  More beans, higher temps & shorter roast time, less beans, longer, cooler roast.  I typically use a rounded 1/2 dry cup of beans and 8 to 9 minutes, shooting for just shy of the 2nd crack. 

Refuse to drink $tarbux.  Burned.

Favorite beans come from Kenya and Tanzania.  Always get Brazilian Yellow Bourbon, if available.  I got some great beans from SE Oz, once, but haven't seen them in a long while. 

• Like 4

Yo Ya'll... :) Home alone since last night just cooling it. Got a 6 of Stella Artois in the fridge and about to pop one.

Not expecting trick or treaters but got some butterfingers in case.

Have fun with the parties and music and I will be probably just be listening.

Yes, this retirement thing can be boring but, doesn't have to be. Have

great expectations and this cooler weather now to enjoy besides.

Latest find, some El Cheapo La Rica espresso that is just tolerable.

When I go to a supermarket soon, I will be looking for some Guinness Blonde,

which I am learning is recc'd...enjoying following the narrative and cheers to all. :rolleyes:

Happy 10th Tarheel... :lol:

• Like 7

Hello everyone!    Ok, I got everything setup and it is already dark!   The audio effects are CRANKED through my Roland KC-500 keyboard amp.   I have it setup at the far end of the house by the driveway stuck behind some shrubs.    I have it playing as loud as possible without too much distortion on the LFE stuff on the CD.   Endless loop of the first track which is normal each year.   I stand on the deck out back and I can hear this thing echoing thoughout the neighbor hood.  

There is a decorative metal serving plate hanging in the livingroom by the fireplace and it is jingling during all the deep bass stuff!!!

Anyway, 3 strobes going and all is lighted including three pairs of these scary eyes blinking in the shrubs!

We're ready.....   :emotion-14: :emotion-14: :emotion-14:

(I will try to get photos of the setup)

• Like 9

I dont have 1 currently, I buy whole beans and store them in mason jars grind enough for 1 cup at a time in the aero press

I was curious if the air popper was what John referred to how he roasts beans...........I would try my hand at roasting if it were as easy as having an air popper :D

• Like 6

Yep, that's it!  You adjust roast with time and bean load.  More beans, higher temps & shorter roast time, less beans, longer, cooler roast.  I typically use a rounded 1/2 dry cup of beans and 8 to 9 minutes, shooting for just shy of the 2nd crack. 

Refuse to drink $tarbux.  Burned.

Favorite beans come from Kenya and Tanzania.  Always get Brazilian Yellow Bourbon, if available.  I got some great beans from SE Oz, once, but haven't seen them in a long while. 

Thanks John is saw a popper that actually stirs the beans It looked like a possible good for roasting

How much does the poppery smoke if at all ?

I am thinking I may look into roasting my own, so I may chew on your ear a bit  :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Can now say that my reading on the Stella clearly indicates a winner here, at least for the night.

Yes Gary , I have a pictorial mind and thanks for the theme. Can hear it now.

Would say a little heavier than Heinie but, more smoothish. Lol. If you like Guiness Stout, you may

appreciate.

Robin Trower atm... :)

• Like 7

Happy Halloween everyone!  We live in the boonies and haven't had a single Trick or Treater in 15 years.  If anyone knocks on the door tonight, I will answer with the side-by-side in hand. :blink:

My TREAT came a week early (10/24/15) after I did a u-turn after passing a garage sale, and a couple weeks back when Chuck (Tarheel) sent me a couple reels to test my new to me garage sale Teac RTR.  THANKS CHUCK!!  I still need to clean the heads and tape path before testing it.  Stumbled on these Heresy's at that garage sale...my first Heresy's.  Mechanically fine, cosmetically not so good.  I am going to check with a friend of mine who was a High School Woods Shop teacher about veneering them, or may simply sand and keep them black.  They are 1980's.

Cheers  :emotion-46:

100_5255_zpswzs2lu3g.jpg

100_5256_zps2ktbxqwn.jpg

100_5257_zpsuxmgd04k.jpg100_5258_zpsveiqcihe.jpg100_5265_zpskvpkidzi.jpg

Edited by tnr
  • Like 9

A little woodish for the locals for TorT. Would be fun. Remember when we filled a grocery bag of almost everything back then. A few tricks too. But mostly in retribution, lol. :o

Ceptorman is spot on those. Nice score indeed. If you all keep talking tape, I may have to go.

Sounds like .00 in that side by side. Trick or treaters  for real. :)

• Like 8

Remember when we filled a grocery bag of almost everything back then. A few tricks too.

I guess I really liked candy backed in the day...I used a pillow case. :P  

I still like the original Dracula...I may have to look for it on OTA TV tonight.

220px-Bela_Lugosi_as_Dracula%2C_anonymou

• Like 9