Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I think LF has the Bills as her pick in the football pool.  Doing pretty well using a link someone here provided.  Maybe Steve?
yeah, the bills are winning and i did pick them to win this week.  what link are you looking for?   

It's Pete Prisco's picks Steve.  So far so good.

• Like 5

Hey guys ... a bit slow checking in, but then again there ain't much to report! Will tune in to the Broncos game in a while and make a sausage mixed grill for my lady tonight plus stream a movie. Beautiful day in Colorado.

Joe ... our experience with the English Springer Spaniel Rescue was quite different. A guy did come check out our home but after that it was 300 bucks which included all of his shots, neutering and grooming. And ...they brought the dog to us from central Kansas. So ... keep a lookin'. At least some of the rescues are ok.

Happy Sunday.

I had a springer spanial while I was stationed in Germany, smartest dog I ever had, Bonnie was Great.  Unfortunately flying home military flight I was allowed 1 animal, wife at time had a little lap dog and I bent to her will..................So a friend became Bonnies care taker

Great dogs

• Like 2

Rain here. Need to unload LF's albums and gear from the rental car.  B&O separates she says though I haven't been out to look.

A Costco trip on the agenda.  Need to load up on diet food :mellow: I'm 10 pounds heavier since meeting LF :wacko:

More later.....gotta run.

Luther....did you see my previous post about anti skating?  Any thoughts?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be
Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me

Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A you can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be
But Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me

Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A you can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay
Oh Monday, Monday
Oh Monday, Monday

• Like 5

Good monday Morning Gang

Water from the sky is the forcast, and it is not enough, just enough to make mudd.

Easy Monday planned, parts shopping for farm projects, todays work to be performed by my Mouse, clickclick, spendspend.

Coffee/Duggans working well, fetchin more...... :emotion-21:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

I observe there is talk about a Bunn coffee maker, Bunn is dam sure proven to be one of the best on the planet.

However whenever you can pour water into a coffee maker and get instant hot water out,

you are paying to heat that "Standby Water" 24/7.

My Presto SS coffee maker works once a day, and rests for 23 hrs after, lying in wait and costing nothing.

post-57941-0-05940000-1447081084_thumb.j

• Like 8

Tarheel, those 10 pounds are to keep other ladies from looking at you if you are out for a run or on the beach...

I must be getting used to the heat. Came back from shopping awhile ago (9:00pm), felt pretty good out. It was down to 82 w/87% humidity. Was supposed to prime and paint a metal security gate today, but it rained all morning. First rain that's been in the way in over two weeks.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 6

Good morning folks.

Spinning some vinyl....playing it loud.  Slow Train Coming and Unplugged by Dylan.  Experimenting with anti-skating after reading a comment that the anti skating should be set as low as possible.  I've always set it the same as the tracking force....currently 1.5.

I cannot hear any difference from 1.5 to completely off :o and the arm doesn't wander.  What's up? Help with that appreciated.

For me, setting the anti-skate is to keep the needle neutral in the groove. Not applying undue pressure to either the inner groove or outer groove. Different arms and cartridges will behave differently in association with the anti-skate. Yes, you don't want it to slide across the record but you also don't want it to move backwards when you lift the arm.

What table, arm and cart are you using?

• Like 6

Watched a movie last night called 'The Gift'.

We actually watched it this weekend as well.  It was slow in spots but had some good twists in the end.

Morning all....

Yea we also watched it this weekend.....We liked it....Jason Bateman plays a real good a$$ hole...

Got a good bit of work the next few days...

Have a good day..

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Morning yet again gang

Wife up and assisting with killing the pot of coffee.

Taking a breather from project parts sourcing.

Buggin the wife for Bacon, stated it's Vet week you should shower me with all things that have not killed me Yet.

Weather Drama Queens keep breaking into the local programming stating rain is coming, like a tornado warning back east.

Hope everyones Monday is easy.

post-57941-0-56420000-1447088081_thumb.j

• Like 11

• Moderators

Just checked the Tentative Attendee List in the Pilgrimage Section at the top.  Looks like we are around 50-55 that are serious about attending the get together in Hope, AR in April and it's only November!

If you are considering attending make a post and let us know, if you haven't considered attending, please give it some thought!

• Like 3

Luther it's a restored Denon DP-1250 with an ADC arm and a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge.  The arm doesn't wander either way at any anti skate setting.  Sounds good so no complaints....just wondering.

Looked briefly at the B&0 gear.  A little different looking :unsure:   

She also brought a keyboard, a Yamaha SY 77....now set up in my music room.  Anyone know how to hook it up to an old pioneer receiver?  I tried the cable in the head phone and mic but no sound. 

Gary may know.

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 5