Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

An animal lover in general and a dog lover in particular I know your loss Dave.  My last two labs and a cat are buried in my side yard.  Jake will be 9 in June and I hate to even think about losing him at some point. 

Hang in there my friend.

• Like 7

An animal lover in general and a dog lover in particular I know your loss Dave.  My last two labs and a cat are buried in my side yard.  Jake will be 9 in June and I hate to even think about losing him at some point. 

Hang in there my friend.

Thanks,

You know these 'stinkin' dogs, they give you a lifetime of unconditional love and then they rip your heart out when they leave. 

They're worth it though.

• Like 7

Where do you draw the line with care for pets?

I was at a customer's home the other day, where she had a sweet 12 year old Dachshund/something mix with a bad ACL. The dog managed reasonably well, but it was sad seeing her in pain (the dog, not the customer). Surgery for the knee was out of the question as $8,200 had just been spent on the dog for other medical issues.

How you decide how much is too much?

• Like 8

It's normally a family discussion for us.  The Rottie that my daughter has now had an artificial hip installed when he was about 10 months old.  He's 4 now and you'd never know it.  At the time, my adult daughter, my wife and I had a long talk about it as the surgery wasn't cheap.  I think each issue should be looked at individually on a case by case basis considering all factors including the age and health of your pet, your financial situation, odds of success, etc.

• Like 10

Never been a coffee drinker. Hot tea I have every day.

We have our tea on the weekends.... and it's not every weekend .....I'm the one that will make the tea.

The tea we mainly use is PG Tips. That is a strong tea.... but I make it on the weak side. We have also used Twinings Breakfast tea and Yorkshire tea. 

That is quite alot of tea on that link....

Yea Carl I'll be sure to get you a pic of me with my pinkie-up sipping on my tea..... I'll put on my English face :blink:

Gotta roll..... 2nd cup is done..... grandkids on the bus.....the shop is waiting.....

A good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 8

It's normally a family discussion for us.  The Rottie that my daughter has now had an artificial hip installed when he was about 10 months old.  He's 4 now and you'd never know it.  At the time, my adult daughter, my wife and I had a long talk about it as the surgery wasn't cheap.  I think each issue should be looked at individually on a case by case basis considering all factors including the age and health of your pet, your financial situation, odds of success, etc.

I would agree with this. Shop vets too - ask, ask, ask - reputation & prices can vary wildly. Our Dane swallowed a five foot long rope (pinky diameter but still) and we paid $1,000 total to get it out. A friend told us months later they put theirs down because their lab got a corn cob stuck and the vet wanted $3,200.

I think it's case by case for sure. We opted not to spring for big bucks on chemo because cost benefit wasn't there. A few extra months but sick all the time? Nah. We did pay for some "high octane" pain killer though.

Happy Tuesday!

• Like 7

• Moderators
I think each issue should be looked at individually on a case by case basis considering all factors including the age and health of your pet, your financial situation, odds of success, etc.

Probably the best way, it's what they do for me, I've been lucky so far.  :unsure2:

• Like 8

• Moderators
HAPPY TACO TUESDAY FROM STONEY MALONEY ! ! !

Reminds me of Mark with the Taco Tuesday saying, hope he is well, well as well as Mark can be at least.

Ok Mark break is over what's going on, you leave and California gets the rain they haven't had in years, it's looking suspicious.   :mellow:

• Like 7

Never been a coffee drinker. Hot tea I have every day.

We have our tea on the weekends.... and it's not every weekend .....I'm the one that will make the tea.

The tea we mainly use is PG Tips. That is a strong tea.... but I make it on the weak side. We have also used Twinings Breakfast tea and Yorkshire tea. 

That is quite alot of tea on that link....

Yea Carl I'll be sure to get you a pic of me with my pinkie-up sipping on my tea..... I'll put on my English face :blink:

Gotta roll..... 2nd cup is done..... grandkids on the bus.....the shop is waiting.....

A good day to all...

MKP :-)

What I like about hot tea is it's ability to warm you up when you're cold and cool you down when you are hot.

• Like 6

Problem with posting every week or 3 is covering all I want to say.

Good job taking care of grandma as usual MKP's & family.

Sorry about the pets. We have our 14 year old Calico which

responded well recently to some prednisone. Hardly any teeth left but,

she is the boss still over the other 2 females aged 4 and 3. She takes no guff from either.

I have cried more for loss of a dog and 3 cats more than for humans over recent years.

I feel for your losses. If I can figure it out, may post some pet pics.

*Tigerman, if you come within striking distance, would like to see group in Florida.

Doing some burning still of yard trimming ,debris from the yard and other outside spring cleaning before the warmer weather hits.

Sellingsome  audio equip. locally just for heck of it for something to do. Met a local recently while selling him a pre and amp vintage setup. It lit up his speakers just fine. He has some talent refurbing a couple of Technics 1200's and a nice Rega 3. Invited him over to listen to my setups. Guessing he will want some Klipsch after the demo.

Just keeping it together while figuring out this retirement thingamabob.

As always, lurking and enjoying the forum and topic.

Cheers... :)

• Like 10