Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I can usually deal with heat OK, it is the humidity that gets to me.

I melt faster than Frosty the snowman.

Well let me tell you something Jason, all of Louisiana is a swamp, and you haven't felt humidity until you have been in Lafayette with several weeks of temps in the 100 to 105 degree days of boiling the swamps!

Roger

• Like 5

I worked in a tropical fish hatchery for a while for extra cash, it was only kept at 80 degrees but humidity was always near 100%.

The ceiling and walls would drip with moisture.

Over 100 degrees and high humidity i would spend my time inside with the A/C cranking for sure.

• Like 4

Careful! I consider myself in the "my first stereo" stage and don't plan on getting worse---well, maybe might get a bur grinder. I grind my own before each batch with a basic whirly-gig grinder shaking at times for distribution for 15 seconds. I typically spend up to $12 for 3/4lbs, and use a Bunn coffee maker---it will brew a full pot in 3 minutes and definitely outperforms the slow drip kind. It also makes a quick pot of water for tea. Your upgrade would include the type of maker and grinding---simple.

Get rid of the blender blade bean chopper and get a real burr grinder.

With a true burr grinder, you can choose the size of your grounds and make them large enough to use a screen instead of a filter, so you get all the goodness of the oils in your cup.

The choppers are not uniform and will make dust that will slip through a screen and make your coffee bitter!

Rog

• Like 5

No poker or Yahtzee this weekend, my friend who normally hosts mother is in the hospital.

Blood sugar rocketed to over 500.

Maybe i will swing by Half price books and check out the used CD section after i finish swilling down the morning coffee, maybe even check in here to see if i can be of any assistance like yesterday.

Beautiful day here in Chicago.

Happy Sunday.

• Like 5

Greetings Triple C crew!  It's my random drop in to say the coffee is good :emotion-44: , the weather in south central Alaska is even better - low 60's and sunny today - and it's the start of a good week (I hope)! 

Have a great one!  Enjoy your music and loved ones this week, I hate to hear of all the lives cut too short recently.  Enjoy today!

• Like 7

Get rid of the blender blade bean chopper and get a real burr grinder.

Ok. Do you suggest any particular brand or model?

Here's some REVIEWS

I bought a Rocky Rancilio years ago as I needed something pretty precise for espresso.  We use it mostly for brewed coffee now.  It still works like it's brand new after god knows how many hundred pounds of beans have gone through it. 

• Like 3

Using the bunn filters and a blade grinder is good enough for me at this time.  I'm not experiencing any bitterness, etc.

p.s.  I don't have a need for a Dixie chopper at this time either.  I might if I ever build on the lake though.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 4

• Moderators
OMG..... It lives..... Running good... Gotta roll out just checking in...... MKP :-)

It's not very encouraging when a mechanic says this after putting an engine back together.  :o

Not that you don't know what your doing but make it sound like there was no doubt, no reason whatsoever for it not to be fine. :D ....................you would never make it in the used car business,..... which is a good thing.  

Glad to hear it ran fine, now get on that next job  :)

• Like 5