Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Where is BigStewMan?  

Good question, hope he is OK,never did get a message back from him. He may be looking up North where he was considering moving ? 

I sent him an e-mail as well.  Haven't heard back.  Hopefully it's part of a normal cycle for him and he'll pop back in.

• Like 4

It would appear that many of the more colorful members over the years have been run off the forum, either through the endless diatribes of some, or the small minded neediness of others. Over the last several years the forum had fallen into the trap of certain members pontifcating their positions and being unwilling to listen to any alternative viewpoints without resorting to name calling and boorish behavior.

As a result many learned Klipsch fans have stopped frequenting our forum. What made this place so interesting and worthwhile was the combination of respected members with extensive knowledge of Klipsch products as well as electrical engineering, combined with a group of members whose wry observations and witty commentary helped keep the forum from becoming too boring.

The loss of several cherished members, such as Old Buckster & Boxx to name two such prominent names, as well as the lack of contributions from others such as Cigarbum, Michael & Hudson Valley Noah, among others, has all hurt the quality of the content here on the Klipsch forum.

I am sad to say that the forum is not that which we once all truly enjoyed. Hopefully the Pilgramage helps to restore the flagging spirit around here.

• Like 10

as well as the lack of contributions from others such as Cigarbum, Michael & Hudson Valley Noah, among others, has all hurt the quality of the content here on the Klipsch forum.

I guess I see it a little different. People come and people go. I don't remember Cigarbum having a riff with anybody for example? Also, sometimes people just need to get their priorities back in order? I haven't had cross words with anybody but I certainly might find something more constructive to do as soon as tomorrow. If I disappear, don't take it the wrong way. I just need to get off the computer and actually DO something!!!

• Like 11

Evening gang....

MKP is still in da house :wink:

Just taking care of all the crapp that needs to be taken care of....

I also have not heard from BigStewMan or Joe, sent them pm's some time ago and I hope all is well with those guys. I did hear from Mark last week and I think your right Chuck I don't think he will be back. 

I unfortunately did not Know Zako.... But my he RIP....

I've been meaning to give Chuck a call..... but it's back to stuffing that 10lbs of shitt into a 5lb bag.... there's just never enough time to do it all....

I've been waiting for the audio shop to call me about my gear that's still there... I picked up my Pioneer Elite CD player a few weeks back and that's all good. When I picked up my Pioneer I dropped of a Carver TFM-55 that's broke and I also gave them two Sony ES Cd players for parts. They still have my Sony ES 801...... The ES 801 was "OK"ed to be fixed a few weeks back..... then they called and said the one part is no longer available :emotion-45: I've had these two "back-up" players just for a situation just like this... I hope it works out. I got a feeling that this is going to dig in my pocket.....

Well the Pilot is running great.... The BOSS loves it :wink:  and when she's happy I'm happy... I picked up the grandkids in it this morning... when they saw it they said it looks like my BIG CRV.... My CRV is silver and the Pilot is silver. 

OK gang wishing all a good night.....

MKP :-)

• Like 8

If anyone contemplates leaving the forum please contact me ahead of time.  We do have a waiting list to join CC&C :)

There's guys and girls out there with empty coffee mugs staring at their computer screen just drooling to join us :o   Heck....we even have the occasional toaster give away :wacko:

We are also thinking about awarding one CC&C member the title "poster of the week".  That title.....sort of bland...may be changed if we come up with something better.  Maybe Grand Poobah or from Cheers "Big Shooter".  You guys think about a name.  Maybe Carl can get Chad to pitch in some demo Palladiums for the person selected.

Heading out with LF to sign closing documents on the house and then the work begins......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

OMG..... It lives..... Running good... Gotta roll out just checking in...... MKP :-)

It's not very encouraging when a mechanic says this after putting an engine back together.  :o

Not that you don't know what your doing but make it sound like there was no doubt, no reason whatsoever for it not to be fine. :D ....................you would never make it in the used car business,..... which is a good thing.  

Glad to hear it ran fine, now get on that next job  :)

lol lol...

The OMG thing was......it's taken me for ever to get this damn thing running....... Ya know I have truly forgotten how many engine rebuilds and overhauls I have done in the last 30 years..... But I would be a liar if I said.......right before I turn that key to start it I didn't have some thoughts running in my head.....Like.... did I torque that.... did I do this...and I kinds of stuff :wacko: .....

But the Pilot started up in less than 7 seconds of cranking....and I had oil pressure in less that 2 seconds of it running..... and it did not miss a beat ;) It sounded good.... valves are quite.... nothing leaking out of it...(that's a good thing :P )..... It just felt right... I got it operating temp and just drove it outside.... I'll button it all up later in the week. The BOSS got in it while it was on the lift running and said "yea I can do a Honda Pilot"

The craziest build I did for a Honda was years ago... This young guy came to shop with a 99 Civic Si.... it had a burnt valve in one of the cylinders. He already had a turbo on it... He told me he wanted it fixed and wanted to run 20lbs of boost :o....... My next words to him was something like this.......If you are not looking to spend at least  $10k on just the engine I won't even start thing  about this build for you! he said he's got the money and wants it done...... So me and this young man sat down a got a plan to build this engine. I got alot of help from Z-10 racing these guys build crazy boosted Honda engines. They do some wild block sleeving with AEBS sleevs... I won't bore you with all the  :pwk_bs: ..... but this thing was put together right.

Now the kid had the money for the engine but not the up-graded turbo he wanted. So the plan was I'll build the engine and later we can put the big turbo on it. Cool...

Well the day came that I was going to start this engine..... all the work of building this thing....plasti gauging bearings..... filing piston ring gap... adjusting valves.... just making sure I dotted my "i's" and crossed my "t's"......... man I was shitting razor blades..... Finally I said to my self....." just do it!!...... My heart was pounding...I turned that key and it fired right up.... sounding good...... took it out for a test drive to break it in..... yea it was good..... Now it wasn't that fast cuz the engine was built with lower compression pistons for a big turbo..... I was really looking forward for this guy to come back to the shop with his turbo kit......

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the "A"-hole ended up selling the car about 6 months later.......what a tool...... so I never got to see how fast this Civic was :mad: .. But hey I got my Money :wink:

Later....

MKP :-) 

Never had a problem myself but would worry about others screwing with my work.

Sometimes we would screw around and grab a handfull of bolts and screws and throw them in somebody's parts bin while they had something apart just for grins so they wonder where they went after it was all back together.

Some of the stuff i saw others do would make you cringe.

Tech with one eye cut a driveshaft in half on a van instead of the exhaust pipe and nearly rolled off the lift.

Tire guys leaving lug nuts loose, customers losing tires driving away.

One of the guys left rags stuffed in the intake ports after replacing the intake.

Lots more horror stories....

At least you got the job done right, it is normal to worry when you have something apart.

• Like 7

If anyone contemplates leaving the forum please contact me ahead of time.  We do have a waiting list to join CC&C :)

There's guys and girls out there with empty coffee mugs staring at their computer screen just drooling to join us :o   Heck....we even have the occasional toaster give away :wacko:

We are also thinking about awarding one CC&C member the title "poster of the week".  That title.....sort of bland...may be changed if we come up with something better.  Maybe Grand Poobah or from Cheers "Big Shooter".  You guys think about a name.  Maybe Carl can get Chad to pitch in some demo Palladiums for the person selected.

Heading out with LF to sign closing documents on the house and then the work begins......

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Great idea….I need a new toaster.

Good luck at the signing.

• Like 3