Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' all.

Hey Mark .. hope those KP's work out for you. That was quite a trip to get them.

Not a lot to report here other than a really crummy weather report. They're even talking about possible hail. :o Nasty stuff and we get it once in a while around this time of year. Need to put a plastic bubble over the house and yard. :D

Hang in there folks and have a good Monday.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Morning all..... Grandkids on the bus...... 2nd cup going down Well what should have been a 5 hr round trip turned into a over 9 hr nightmare drive There was construction and accidents on the Bay Bridge both ways. We got to the house were the KP's were. The lady I spoke with was out to dinner with her family cuz we were so late getting there. They got back at 7 so we waited about an hour for them. They looked better in the pic and the description was "good condition" ahhhhh not so.... I also was unable to test them cuz they had 1/4" speaker connection on them. I figured they had reg speaker cable and "pro" connections on them like my other KP's. So all the crapp I brought to test them I could not hook up. Her husband was not there so she had no clue were she could look for his gear. We found all kinds of cables and gear but it was a mess. So after 45 minutes of looking through crapp I said look I didn't drive 4+ hours to go home empty handed..... I'll give ya $100 bucks for em..... she said her husband would not take $100..... So looked through some more crapp with no luck. I'm like OK it wasn't ment to be..... So I said I'm going to split and we shook hands and on the way out I said I would do a Buck Twenty..... she said no.... OK..... So The BOSS and I leave. About ten minutes into our drive home the lady calls the cell phone and told me her husband would take $120 for em if I still wanted them and they would bring them to us.... So I thought for a minute and said "OK"..... They met us at a gas station with my ratty old KP-320's...... well I've seen worse.... hey it's a roll of the dice... We got home around midnight..... I'll mess around with them later after we get home from the shop..... Maybe I should have stayed home and do yard work Will report later on how they sound....... MKP :-)

Sorry to hear this, to make things not as bad i will buy them from you and give an extra 50 just for your disappointment. Just kidding you live to far away, and by the time I got there you would have had a chance to listen to them and i would be out of luck anyway.  :mellow:

I wouldn't worry at the looks, use them as a pair you can haul anywhere without caring about a little scratch. 

• Like 4

Morning all....

No shop today :D...... Were off to Philly this morning going with our friends. Gonna get some good eats in China Town.... I'll have The BOSS get some pics today.

Yea dtel.... gotta clean em up.... don't know what i'm gonna do yet...

Well 2nd cup :emotion-44::emotion-44: about done..... grandkids getting ready to get on the bus..... gonna roll out...

Oh....;. Up-date on the Pilot..... did the 1st oil change yesterday 2300 hundred miles on the engine...No oil consumption.... right at the full mark :emotion-21::emotion-21:

A good day to all...

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-17080000-1465907699_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 5

Yep, a/c went out again at home last Friday. Compressor and blower not lighting up. Instead of troubleshooting it, I preoceeded to install a 10,000 btu window unit in about 15 minutes. Kept most rooms closed but kept the humidity down enough with the box and ceiling fans until tech arrived Monday AM. Different tech this time and got us going in no time. An ant(?) he said got between contactor points. If I had known that, but was still burntout on a/c sales/techs from last year.to even consider it as, last tech wanted near $700 to put new schrader valve inline and recharge of course. This tech thought it was good enough for an old unit and detected no leak at valve. Tech thought replacing the valve,etc. was a little extreme per same company estimate. Told me we were a bit low on coolant so, he topped it off  So thought Freon was too low to engage for me to fool with. Much less than half the $700, and restored my faith in people again. Priceless! Heck, I have done well keeping Nancy's Volvo A/C going w/diy from youtube and other. For a 25 year old unit with a small leak in the inside air closet, amounting to 1 service call per year, I can live with. Thinking of doing a ductless system like my brother did when the inevitable could happen. He did most of the work himself minus an A/C company service call to check his work so warranty. would be valid. Mowed the yard a bit today so a little tuckered. Ya'll stay cool out there. Will try to rest up some before replying to all the cool items here by others. It is sortof fun for me to catch up after a bit of away because of the chores. Like a lady's work, mine is never done! The best to ya's... :)

Edit: Sorry but nothing for it but to elaborate little. First tech could have been inexperienced or driven to make money for company., not necessarily dishonest.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 6