Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy July 3!! Finally done with our "Re-Pay All Your Social Obligations For Past 5 Years" party. Best guess is 50 to 60 friends showed up. Good bbq and fellowship. We had a blast but happy that all the prep and yardwork is behind us. Baxter (the Springer Spaniel) is wiped out from greeting and begging and chowing.

One more holiday party tonight and gonna kick back and smoke some ribs or porksteaks on the 4th.

Cheers ya'll.

• Like 4

Morning all....

Yes, a happy 4th to all..... I've been working in the yard trying to fill these two holes.... was going to the landscape company up the road and getting a yard of fill dirt at a time. I noticed my neighbor two house up had a skid steer he was using. speaking with him he said he's putting a pool up. I asked him if he's got any extra dirt he doesn't need I have two big holes I'm trying to fill in. Later on he started bringing the dirt over to fill the holes... It worked out good. 

We had a cookout on the deck last night and had two of the neighbors over... yea the fill dirt guy and his wife also the younger couple right next to us...... had the KP-362's on the deck and all the tiki torches lit.... was a very nice night.

ok gang...... check in later...... a good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Up early for 2 cups from a clean machine using bottled water; ya'll were right tastes nice. Just finished the front yard mowing, weedeating, edging and blowing with a 102 degree heat index at 0900. The back can wait.

Ordered a new burner tube kit, grills and regulator for the Weber Performer (charcoal with gas light). Paint supplies on order for the honey to do list while the girls are off on their Korean vacation.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 6

Good evening everyone!   Well, it has been a productive weekend around here, and I see many have also been busy! Thanks Chuck for the beach photos ! 

I am out here in my lower yard at 10:15pm.  There are two Adirondack chairs down here with a nice glass table between them.   Green grass under the feet, pine and maple, and a street lamp style patio lamp overhead with an amber LED light casting a warm and welcoming glow.   Glass of vino and perfect warm evening temps, mid 70ies.   :emotion-46:

For the first time, I am on the laptop outside here and reading the CC&C posts and adding this to the mix.   Laptop is playing the lovely Joni Mitchell "Both Sides Now" via Spotify.   However, as many know, I have the 'Hat Box' CD/Artwork version that I have played a number of times in Music Hall over on RTM.   Highly recommended if you like Joni's Jazz stylings ;)

My neighbors to the sound are on their deck with guests right now in a gazebo having dinner and dessert and the smell of cigars is floating by my seating area..  They are enjoying themselves and also the music I had going through the outdoor system earlier...  

Wish I could have the rest of the week off, as this is SO relaxing....  

Well, there you have it from this western corner of Massachusetts.....   Enjoy your evening everyone...  More later I am sure (O:

OH GEEZ!  Another neighbor just called me, back from  a major fireworks show and wants me to come for a cocktail !!!   At THIS hour ?????    I said I would be right over (((O:  It is now 10:33pm !!

..............Gary

• Like 6

Had a small gathering at Harrison Bay State Park... with just a few friends. Filipino fare. Pancit, squid, salted eggs, RICE (imagine that), watermelon, mangos, pork chops, a couple other dishes I don't know the name of. Too hot! We came back home and slept for about 14 hours, barely heard all the fireworks going off in the neighborhod.

Nice pics, Chuck... I can't take pictures like that or I will wake up dead.

Bruce

post-5045-0-77920000-1467730707_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-76320000-1467730717_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-44440000-1467730731_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-83240000-1467730742_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-07840000-1467730755_thumb.jp

• Like 8

Who else woke up this morning thinking "Wow, I drank too much yesterday!"

Fixed it for you.

I did both, it was pretty much none stop all weekend.

The only thing i didnt do enough of, is sleep.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Don't know why they post sideways.....feel free to flip :mellow:

The BBS software is configured to rotate all portrait photos anticlockwise to landscape. I have no clue why. I'm sure there is an IP.Board setting somewhere in there...   :)

I don't think that's true. See my post above (#18302), it is a portrait pic. If they are from phones, though, it is tricky.

Time to take a break and have some tea. I was giong to get a new mailbox post put in today, but we are getting some much needed rain. Not hard, just a nice, long, slow soaker. Almost forgot what this was like.

Bruce

• Like 5

Fixed it for you.

Thanks, that did it. :)

I was actually pretty good till yesterday.  The last thing I had to drink alcohol wise was Sunday the 26'th of last month but I made up for lost time yesterday, the 4'th.

• Like 4