Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Make sure the old lines are cleaned out if you re-use them. Seal the drain line really good at the pan. Get a couple of sensors that will shut down the unit if they detect water in the pan (I would give you info off mine but I'm not at home right now). 

Keith

copy (600x450).jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, T2K said:

Make sure the old lines are cleaned out if you re-use them. Seal the drain line really good at the pan. Get a couple of sensors that will shut down the unit if they detect water in the pan (I would give you info off mine but I'm not at home right now). 

Keith

copy (600x450).jpg

man..... I need to be there with you Keith.....

Coffee going down...... another hot one today.....

A good Friday to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

If I did replace the A/C system I would really think about the Mitsubishi split systems.... I could install it myself..... I was looking into them a few years back..... was thinking about putting A/C in the shop...

I have an American Standard unit like the Mitsubishi. Our sunroom was an addition to the house and did not have heat or A/C. The ductless split unit works amazingly well and is the quietest system I have ever heard. If anyone is in the market for a A/C unit, I highly recommend looking into one of these ductless systems.

• Like 5

Happy Friday gang.

Don't have a lot to add to the HVAC discussion except my worst and best decisions. The worst was failing to get zoned AC and heating in a 2 story home we built some years back and also failing to upgrade from the crap the builder installed. The best was getting rid of the evaporative cooler ('swamp cooler') in our present home and installing a real AC unit with a new furnace. Most Colorado homes had swamp coolers for decades and the trend seems to have gone the other way. On the other hand mountain (higher elevation) homes often have no cooling system at all.

Should be a good day ....we are cooling off as we often do in late August and I'm gonna tackle some outdoor projects. Meet up with friends in Idaho Springs this evening.

Cheers ..........

• Like 5

Morning yet again gang

Starbucks in the lobby is refreshing, now THAT'S some Coffee!

One more Cup-0-Joe then breakfast with a Pub owner who will be fyling us into "Garlock" sat morning.

Here To assist him with hook up's of WiFi modules through out the venue, free admission w/golfcart like last year, but Erin and i burn out after two days. 

To date, we have yet to see "The Burning Man" on the last day.

But we beat all the dust storms off the "Playa" man that dust would GaG a Maggot.

Late.

• Like 6

Just returned from a little vacation, went to Bristol for the races (lasted all weekend due to the rain) and then we shot down to Asheville  to tour the Biltmore Estate, got some golf in along the way and found a really good Barbecue joint in Abingdon Va. called the Bonefire Smokehouse and it was very good, though the ribs did not stack up to Rodney's, they were still great.  Originally planned to try and get together with Richard for lunch when we were close to Knoxville, but the rain changed the plans.  

For anyone that has not toured the Biltmore, I would strongly suggest doing it as it was really amazing.

• Like 3

MKP said:   If I did replace the A/C system I would really think about the Mitsubishi split systems.... I could install it myself..... I was looking into them a few years back..... was thinking about putting A/C in the shop...

Actually been looking into that and other brand name split systems. My brother here in Florida ordered one of these and did the inside/outside install himself. He then bargained with a local a/c contractor or two to find someone familiar with these relatively  new technology systems. It seems they come loaded with right amount of refrigerant and a rather diy friendly setup. He nevertheless had to have a contractor to sign off on his work for warranty/certification of the unit. We were there last Thanksgiving and I have been informed, we are going again this November, where I will discuss in earnest if this is for us. I understand that R-12 is rarer than hounds beaks. Someone I know had a case of it 15 years  ago. My thinking now is, why  replace just A-Core when outside unit/compressor basically the same age. Instead of minding my own business in this and car repairs, thinking I can please LF/fiancé, by saving her money and, or getting ripped off, I should just let her deal with it.

After all, we have the deloot however, I am tight...:lol:

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

ITS FRIDAY!!! Hope everybody has a great weekend.

Uh, yea.

I'll be packing my car tonight with tools and driving 3 hours early tomorrow morning to my brothers house.  We'll be putting the underground (sewer) in the house he'll be building so I'll be playing in the dirt all weekend.  On the positive side, the heat index should be between 100 and 105:blink:.  I kept trying to convince him to build in the fall but lost that argument.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Were renting a ditch witch.  Even with that, there'll still be hand digging with a sharpshooter.

Oh Man! I thought you meant you would just be helping with the gluing and fitting of the pipes. You gotta help dig? That there is brotherly love. Be safe my friend.

And hey....no martinis til yer dun.;)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, babadono said:

Oh Man! I thought you meant you would just be helping with the gluing and fitting of the pipes. You gotta help dig? That there is brotherly love. Be safe my friend.

And hey....no martinis til yer dun.;)

Helping glue?  I wish.  It'll just be him and I doing all the underground.  He'll be helping me.  I haven't been in the ditches for a while though but hopefully it'll come back to me.  I did construction plumbing for about 8 years and had a journeyman's license for about 6.  Luckily he's far enough out of the city that we won't have to pull a permit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We have CAT 300-308 excavators for rent. Most come with a/c.

As for the 2 meg generator, it will run you 5k a day plus cables. 30k a month except prime power rents it goes for 60k a month.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That's a tad bit of overkill but the ac sounds nice!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Helping glue?  I wish.  It'll just be him and I doing all the underground.  He'll be helping me.  I haven't been in the ditches for a while though but hopefully it'll come back to me.  I did construction plumbing for about 8 years and had a journeyman's license for about 6.  Luckily he's far enough out of the city that we won't have to pull a permit.

You're doing ABS drain pipe under the house? is this going to a septic tank or city hookup? No wonder you were so good at the bathroom remodel, you did it pro for 8 years:). Man out here we have to get a permit to fart. Just remember sheet rolls downhill.

• Like 1