Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

This is a great wiki article on the coffee:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Tim Carman, food writer for the Washington Post reviewed kopi luwak available to US consumers and concluded "It tasted just like...Folgers. Stale. Lifeless. Petrified dinosaur droppings steeped in bathtub water. I couldn't finish it"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Mike, is it cooling down there yet?

Install in process, started raining so holding off on some brazing; getting close. The A coil had a BS drain system where the condensation level had to reach a minimum of 1/2" before it reached the drain port which left the coils sitting in water; corrosion city.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2016 at 0:38 PM, Pete H said:

Just returned from a little vacation, went to Bristol for the races (lasted all weekend due to the rain) and then we shot down to Asheville  to tour the Biltmore Estate, got some golf in along the way and found a really good Barbecue joint in Abingdon Va. called the Bonefire Smokehouse and it was very good, though the ribs did not stack up to Rodney's, they were still great.  Originally planned to try and get together with Richard for lunch when we were close to Knoxville, but the rain changed the plans.  

For anyone that has not toured the Biltmore, I would strongly suggest doing it as it was really amazing.

Hey there Pete, and since you asked, YES, Chris and I have been to Biltmore!   We go down to N.C. every year about this time, and in fact, are leaving Monday, on the road at 4am, and drive straight through (about 13.5 hours if no construction).   Did you note the wine tasting at the estate ??   OR, the performance stage?   We STILL have some wines from the boutique and Bruce Hornsby was the performing artist.  What a scene..

• Like 3

Hello everyone!   Well, just finished up being with my motorcycle riders group, as we supported the 'Buffalo Soldiers' riders for their event.  You guys would have LOVED the foodie portion after the ride (was only about 40 miles through the local townships)..   There were MEATS being cooked up at many stations!   I paid for the hotdog / hamburg cookout, but of course, the FULL meal included all kinds of other foods at a different serving station.  So, I got my beans and rice along which some potato salad...

Enjoy Reno Mark, I would love to see the races first hand someday!  As a flyer, I know they run those engines to the max !!  (vs. our engines at normal cruise RPM)

NOW, I am home and ready to change up the hats for my work at Tanglewood concert hall tonight with the Boston Symphony Orchestra.  I got my YoYoMa CD ready to be signed, as I will be waiting to meet him before he takes off from the dressing room.

Organ tuning begins around 4pm. the concert starts around 8pm. EASTERN....    You can to do the www.bso.org website and listen to the live broadcast, and somewhere there may be a LINK to the actual live VIDEO stream !   We pack up the organ console for the season (this is the one and only use for it) and me and my co-worker will be on our way home around 11pm.  (no RTM tonight).

Then Sunday get everything packed up and ready for our Monday 4am. depart to N.C.

Enjoy your day everyone..........more later...........................g

• Like 4

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've had quater pound bags cost that much!

Oh wait you were talking coffee.

That's true, it reminds me of many years ago with some stuff from Afghanistan, i think they passed it through some animal. :emotion-41: 

• Like 2

I just enjoyed a pot of my own Pecan Pie coffee. I medium roast the beans then flavor them....then re-roast the beans over simmering heat to properly coat the beans. I have nearly 18000 sales on Etsy so I know others think it is as good as I do. My wife and I love changing it up so tomorrow is Pistachio Ice Cream coffee day!

Tim

By the way, I could not imagine paying those crazy prices for coffee....wow!

• Like 3

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, teaman said:

I just enjoyed a pot of my own Pecan Pie coffee. I medium roast the beans then flavor them....then re-roast the beans over simmering heat to properly coat the beans. I have nearly 18000 sales on Etsy so I know others think it is as good as I do. My wife and I love changing it up so tomorrow is Pistachio Ice Cream coffee day!

Tim

By the way, I could not imagine paying those crazy prices for coffee....wow!

Cool, as far as I know it's "forum legal" to put a link to your coffee thing on your profile page, so if you want to try it. Sounds interesting, and bet it smells great....:emotion-55:....a new Etsy line for you, coffee incense.:emotion-44:.......... need help  :laugh:

• Like 2

Just now, dtel said:

Cool, as far as I know it's "forum legal" to put a link to your coffee thing on your profile page, so if you want to try it. Sounds interesting, and bet it smells great....:emotion-55:....a new Etsy line for you, coffee incense.:emotion-44:.......... need help  :laugh:

I am easily found on Etsy under the same user name as here Dtel. I offer loose leaf tea, teabags and coffee. I also offer gift tins of tea, tea samplers and coffee samplers.

You can find me here

www.teaman.etsy.com

....if anyone is interested.....and thank you!

Tim

• Like 6