Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Monday morning huh?  Feels like it.  I had a cough last night that comes at the end of a cold and ended up taking two Benadryl to sleep.  Groggy now.

Went over to LF's place earlier for dinner and cranked up the vintage gear a bit.  Listened to Dylan's Street Legal twice.  What a way with words.

Prior to my listening session I took the bubble out for a spin.....top down of course.  Drove down to Wrightsville Beach.  Saw ladies in shorts and yoga pants:wub: walking the loop.  Passed another Honda S2000 and the driver threw his hand up in recognition of my extremely good taste in cars:rolleyes:

Hope Bill and Gary are on the mend.  Haven't heard from Bruce and Luther for a while.  Hope Luther's job hunt has been productive. 

Well I think it's time to go make some cheese grits for breakfast.

Have a great week worker bees.  Time to turn over retirees.

• Like 7

My neighbor, a Gent in his early 80s, called with some free speakers if I wanted them.  I don't have room for them but to help him out I picked them up in the Volvo wagon.  They measure 25"x15" and are quite heavy.  Not in bad shape and from the sticker on the rear seem to be Epicure Productions or EPI.  The person who owned them listened to Dixieland music primarily. 

Now what to do with them.....

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

• Like 8

Been off the past day or so but back again .... sounds like everybody is a bit chilly. We got hit with some snow but nothing out of the ordinary. Temps are trending up this week and that's the good news. On the other hand, the Mob is returning to our house on Xmas Day and we gotta get ready.

Time for some Manheim Steamroller on the Cornwalls.

Cheers everybody.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

No idea.

'Heel - yes they do both 4 and 8. Common (ground, black) is the center terminal flanked by 4 and 8. Be sure you mirror image the amps so you wire the 4 or 8 terminals the same for each amp. They are not labeled, at least mine aren't.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Hey Mark is that a Grizzly lathe? Looks like one... 

Ya like it? 

My dad has a Smithy lathe/Mill Combo.... it's not a bad little machine for home owner type stuff.. he made some bronze bushing for a mower I was working on. He did quite well, they really looked good and did the job. 

MKP :-)

It's a Grizz, picked it up w/tooling couple months back.

An old guy up in the hills bought it and tooling, maybe had two hours on it,

A Grand was well worth it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

My neighbor, a Gent in his early 80s, called with some free speakers if I wanted them.  I don't have room for them but to help him out I picked them up in the Volvo wagon.  They measure 25"x15" and are quite heavy.  Not in bad shape and from the sticker on the rear seem to be Epicure Productions or EPI.  The person who owned them listened to Dixieland music primarily. 

Now what to do with them.....

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

Looking good Chuck, you will find a place for them :emotion-21:

Iv got a old friend who keeps buggin me to pick up his "MagnaPlains" or whatever the hell they are called.

He has been hanging on to these for like, 18+ years.

I feel bad every time i see him,

Hey mark? when you coming for those speakers?.............um:unsure:

• Like 6

Morning gang

38 and they say "Rising", BS, im layered and cold. Cave is 68.

Ah, Monday eh? Had to check.

Wife making a Midtown run, refused my Donut request.

Second cup is due.

Camera worked last night but quit for some unknown reason, need to power this critter up

and see what's up.

Maybe after Nap, need to Re-start this day.........:emotion-44::emotion-44:

988320_584002471635748_998872169_n.jpg

• Like 8