Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thank you Ceptor..  I have been enjoying bringing it back to life, part by part....   I actually ordered a 'like new' drive pulley today.  This is a very interesting little part that expands and contracts to alter the speed of the platter...  Mine has a small issue and it would be good to update that as well...   I have to hunt for the little belt speed lever next, a small plastic assy. and mine lost one of it's fingers to grab and move the belt up and down on that pulley shaft...

• Like 4

Oh, thank you for that dTel.........yeah, that wasn't too difficult a task.....   Yes, that new hardwood case really updated it nicely, again, I thank my dad for helping me with that project and then finished up at our own wood shop by the company VP, since he is one our shops top woodworkers.   He is one of these guys that goes from machine to machine with a piece of wood BEFORE the machine before has stopped spinning !!  :lol:

• Like 5

...ok, stopping in to say good night......this worker bee must go back to work for the next couple days.....   :wacko:

I will check in again and keep abreast of the posts during the week..

Good night from the NE.....  -_-

(PS...dTel, I purchased that 506 new back in '79 !)

• Like 5

Good Tuesday Morning Gang

Still freezing here @ 31 night/morning temps.

This is NOT Calif anymore, we somehow slipped north 1000 miles.

Layered every dam day, 47 for a high? gimme a break.

I think i'll see if the wife would like to go to our Fav breakfast joint.

Too dam cold to do much but Cave projects.

Of course we all know what day it is.......

201505_1049_ddfic_sm.jpg

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, minermark said:

Good Tuesday Morning Gang

Still freezing here @ 31 night/morning temps.

This is NOT Calif anymore, we somehow slipped north 1000 miles.

Layered every dam day, 47 for a high? gimme a break.

I think i'll see if the wife would like to go to our Fav breakfast joint.

Too dam cold to do much but Cave projects.

Of course we all know what day it is.......

201505_1049_ddfic_sm.jpg

Something tells me that you might like it even less 1,000 miles north. Those lows are warmer than daytime highs most days this time of year.

• Like 5

Good Evening Gang

Evening outdoor Temp, 38

Cave @70

Winter projects being completed daily :emotion-21:

MIG Welder re-wire has started, Rv work coming up and id rather use it than the Stick welder.

Slightly Corrosive atmosphere is where this Miller spent it's years, every Sta-Con spade connector is green / fuzzy:o

Wire/rewire for couple hours, take a coffee break and fire it up, make sure it still runs :rolleyes:

Break over, another cup, find some tunes,back to work.

coffee-gif1.gif

• Like 5

Cleaned both cars yesterday.  Took the bubble in to introduce him to his new mechanic this morning.  Going to check everything out and do an oil/filter change.  The mechanic does not like K&N air filters.  Will use a synthetic blend of oil as the former owner was using. 

LF is coming over to get her bike and ride to the park to hit tennis balls against the back stop.  70 degrees and sunny here.  She is practicing hoping to join a league this spring.

Jake just got mail.  A 50 pound bag of food from Chewy.  He likes it.  I supplement some of the dry with green beans.  The Vet also recommended sardines each day for the omega 3 so he gets a tin each morning.

That's about it for now.

• Like 6

Hey gang ...just checking in ...been off fighting a nasty cold for a couple days. Doing a little better now. The only news around here is we're getting a new over the range microwave installed today after the untimely demise of our Kenmore -just outside the warranty period of course. Don't understand how big name companies can make such crap without an eventual consumer backlash. Oh well.

Gary ... nice looking work on the Dual. I have an old Dual 506-1 from my parents' house but haven't done anything with it to get it working again.

Take care all and cheers

• Like 7

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Hey gang ...just checking in ...been off fighting a nasty cold for a couple days.

Same here, Wife started Christmas morning with it bad and slept all day and is just barely getting around today, I had it for 24+ hours and it's ending today, I hope.

Think this was a virus, it feels like your going to die, like the worst part of the flu. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Same here, Wife started Christmas morning with it bad and slept all day and is just barely getting around today, I had it for 24+ hours and it's ending today, I hope.

Think this was a virus, it feels like your going to die, like the worst part of the flu. 

Hope you folks are feeling better. I continue to be neurotic at work as I’m seemingly surrounded by sick people.  I haven’t had a cold, sore throat or any virus  in over there years.  I thought my streak ended last week -- two days felt like I was getting sick; but, then it suddenly went away.  Very windy so probably just some allergy.

It’s funny, a couple folks at work appear to be sick several times a year, and claim to never get sick. They all tease me; but, then when they feel like crap a couple times a year and i’m still fine. 

• Like 6