Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Feel better Dude.  I feel like crap myself; but, it’s a mega case of indigestion...because i don’t chew my food and don’t take my medicine. And No, I’ll probably never learn.  Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hey Steve....chew your food and take your medicine.

• Like 11

Good  Morning Gang

Coffee Perkin.

41 and heavy wet fog, here they call it rain.

Cave/Rv work i guess, mellow day it will be :emotion-21:

This is the #10 i have left after the re-wiring of the cave system., looks like i bought enough.

Good to have for on-the-fly-projects

31181298913_fd6b35365a.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, minermark said:

It's great you found the "Kit".

My previous post was a little misleading I suspect. I didn't install a simple kit in this matter. :) The truth is:

I installed new SO cord from the battery under truck to the bed near the tailgate. (not in kit)

I installed a NOS USA made switch from aircraft control panel to control lights at the back of bed (not in kit)

inline holder/fuse from railroad maintenance equipment near battery (not in kit)

crimped lugs and barrel connectors for electrical connections I had laying around (not in kit).

LED lights and wiring to switch only thing I got from actual "kit".

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Just about got the first pot down. Supposed to be a dreary weekend here. Spent yesterday performing a domictomy swapping a rotodome between airplanes.

Dome removal.jpg

Yeah a lot of old guys do it that way.  It's all done with ball bearings these days.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

My previous post was a little misleading I suspect. I didn't install a simple kit in this matter. :) The truth is:

I installed new SO cord from the battery under truck to the bed near the tailgate. (not in kit)

I installed a NOS USA made switch from aircraft control panel to control lights at the back of bed (not in kit)

inline holder/fuse from railroad maintenance equipment near battery (not in kit)

crimped lugs and barrel connectors for electrical connections I had laying around (not in kit).

Well I'm sure its nice JL.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Just about got the first pot down. Supposed to be a dreary weekend here. Spent yesterday performing a domictomy swapping a rotodome between airplanes.

Dome removal.jpg

Why not take the weekend off and let your assistant call you if he has a problem...

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Well when i say someone supply's a"Kit" for a truck bed, i count on nothing but the lights being molded/custom fitted to a contour.

And im good with that, i always supply everything else, good wire/swiches/SS fasteners.

Iv always worked with "My Own Stock", as long as a "Kit" is reasonably priced, i get it anyway.

I grew up on Millspec surplus, so im pretty spoiled when ity comes to good chit.

Big problem i have now is there are zero surplus stores in norcal, SoCal 20+.

• Like 7

Happy New Years Eve day my friends...............  Great photos and projects everyone.........might I add ??

Right now, I am in Music Hall, enjoying a LIVE New Years concert from Berlin which started at 11:30am. eastern...  it is night time there however..

I have my Starbuck's 'Christmas Blend' in the proper  Christmas mug ;)...IMG_2138.jpg  ....here are a couple of current screen shots....IMG_2156.jpgIMG_2149.jpg...This kid is performing Rachmaninoff's 3rd piano concerto........he is one of the TOP pianists of our time and this is his DEBUT with the Berlin Philharmonic LIVE!  IMG_2146.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators

Well everyone have a good and safe New Years eve and New Year. :emotion-19:

Our plans will be a little damper since there is 100% chance of rain here tonight. We will all be out by the bar which is dry but we were planning on having a fire out right behind the bar which probably will not happen ? I hope the forecast is wrong, either way we will be out there under the roof having a good time. :emotion-19::emotion-29::emotion-46:

Tonight

Tonight: Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1am.  Low around 64. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 3 and 4 inches possible.

Showers

• Like 6

• Moderators
9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

why do you hate garage doors?

Don't really hate them but don't need 5 different people trying to sell us one, I don't even have a garage to put one on. :(

Garage envy I guess :huh:

• Like 6

• Moderators
1 hour ago, USNRET said:

This was yesterday. I am at home but never "off".

OH I'm not so sure, I think your a little off :o

But we love you anyway because you have the coolest job of anyone here..........:D 

• Like 3

100 percent chance of rain here today too.  I was going to take down Christmas lights but have been moving things out of our bedroom instead.  It's the next room scheduled for  renovation.  We have some pretty heavy oak pieces in there so I'll have to round out a few extra hands.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe time tonight.  I plan on opening a bottle of Weller Antique and staying home.

• Like 3

Guess I am staying in town tonight as Nan has a bad cold of a couple of days now. She does not want me to get sick. So sweet. Meanwhile I sold an excellent Marantz sr7500 off of the list to a young fireman from my hometown to present to his mom. He got it complete for $50. Asked him to let unit warm up some as it spent the night in the wagon. Even gave him an optical cable. Then someone knocks and it was 2 tenants giving me a couple of beers. Guess I may pop another top later... we will see...lol

Have some ham here so, may have to go get some rice,peas, cornbread...for New Years...

• Like 5

20 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang Tarheel, No tag for the front of bubble? About to put one up for sale here but then, thought of the bubble. Of course, it could interfere with airstream...or the looks...:)

051.JPG

Thanks billybob......sell it and buy a bottle of Bookers.  I'll have a drink with you.

• Like 3

Whelp, Had thought yesterday that I might go down to the joint tonight but, may just stay here. Beer I was given went down too fast. Besides, all those strange women kissing on me might prove too embarrassing for someone.

Guess your stuck with me...:) maybe. Roads will be wet in a matter of hours here. What a partying town T-Town is...

• Like 3

Good weather here at least by the standards of a Chicago winter.

Michigan Avenue was closed to traffic for a protest this afternoon and my bus rerouted.  FWIW.

There is some sort of  "me too," "Times Square" festival along a stretch of the Chicago River tonight.  It has a steep admission charge.

I can see that venues like the Federal Plaza and Daley Plaza are non-starters for locations.  The government buildings have very large glass windows 

The Chicago Transit Authority is giving free rides between 10 pm and 4 am.   A nice gesture.

I might watch Svengoolie.

WMcD

• Like 6