Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Good morning.

It's still dark in Southeast Michigan.  The predicted high is 34.  No coffee brewing, as I forgot to grind beans last night. Grinding them now would anger my still sleeping family.

A photo in the paper of the Grand Haven, MI lighthouse reminded me of BigStewMan.  When I lived in Annapolis, MD, people would ask of Lake Michigan, "Can you see across to Milwaukee?" The word "lake" confuses those unfamiliar with the fresh water seas that are the Great Lakes.  The attached photos of the Grand Haven lighthouse show Lake Michigan under varying conditions.  

Steve knows this spot well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

oh yeah--my office was just up the Grand River a few hundred yards.

you’re right--people think lakes are glass -- you can can be out there  and not see land in any direction, and i’ve been in at least 20’ waves on Lake Michigan--it’s just like the ocean. Also been on Michigan and Superior when frozen from shore to shore--back in ’78 - ’79. And yes @Ceptorman ship was breaking ice that was very thick. 1000’ ships stopped dead in their tracks.  it was fun.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, minermark said:

Morning gang

37, Feels like it.

Watching the weather, i see they are now saving the better looking newscasters for the weekdays.

Im looking at Grandma telling me it's cold today :o

Drinking the first cup/flipping channels :emotion-44::emotion-21:

07a0f11f77f5867ea12fdbdb6e02fbfa.jpg

Grand 'Ma knows best. Better dress accordingly --- 

• Like 5

• Moderators
5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

No coffee brewing, as I forgot to grind beans last night. Grinding them now would anger my still sleeping family.

No way I would do that, I would take the grinder outside if I had to, extension cord if needed, you do crazy things when desperate. 

• Like 9

Good Midmorning gang

Up from first Nap of the day.

Told the wife, we got to get to the Pub, pick up our Packers winnings.

So far that is all that is planned, i like that :emotion-21:

I see a few here are getting over the Bug, good thing.

I like being a hermit during this season, things to do never run out.

Have been sneezing lately, i hope it's from sanding down Locktite foam and table saw dust. mask only do so much.

On with the day :emotion-44::emotion-44:

af4e928f127b991edd91fb04b6057309.jpg

• Like 6

Aftyernoon gang

Pub Paid nothing, down $60, bummer, but NO complaints.

Last years SuperBowl paid thousands, so im the guy who say's nothing and just throws money on the bar as well as by the house a round...Winning the big one = Good

Living with it, yeah, they dont let you forget.........;)

13920607_1279693775398629_6041945636978826281_n.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, minermark said:

I think Det just needs a few different Gin's, made different ways before dialing in on perfected flavor.

Took me years before Bombay became the standard. although there are a couple runner's up.

The Boodles I had this weekend would be right up dtel's aley.  It's very mild  in flavor gin wise.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The Boodles I had this weekend would be right up dtel's aley.  It's very mild  in flavor gin wise.

Im the first to admit iv not had them all by a stretch.

There are some dam fine ones out there.For as muck as i sip Gin, maybe three times a year Bombay Saphire is good for me.

Brits can be Dam Picky about this Libation.

• Like 4

Evening gang

Watching/listing to the Packers game.

Rv heater re-installed and dead as a door nail, think i forgot to hook up a wire.

So pull it out once again, takes like 8 min to yank it, im getting real good at it.

Evening pot perkin.

Dinner done, heater time........

dfeb2d3b90cf3736cc614819ddf1fc9f.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators
10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I could make you like it.:emotion-46:

9 hours ago, minermark said:

I think Det just needs a few different Gin's, made different ways before dialing in on perfected flavor.

Ok I have to admit the reason I never drink gin, it's about as dumb a reason as there could be, surprise.

It started a very long time ago, in high school one year on the last day of school someone had a bottle of gin. I would guess it was stolen from a parent and was probably junk ? They passed the bottle around and everyone took a shot, like a dummy I took a big shot, it was terrible, really bad and i never forgot it.

Now i realize at 18 years old and stupid, and drinking something like gin from a bottle is not really a good way to understand the flavor to judge it for the next 41 years. But that taste must have made a big impression on me, I have tried many things since but never gin. 

I have only had two different kinds of martinis, a few chocolate martinis at different times with dinner on ships, and Carl's martinis in Hope. That's my only experience with martinis.   

• Like 5

^^^^^

A chocolate martini is not a martini, would qualify as flavored drink only. Similar to a Starbucks double mocha, frape', caramel, whipped creme hazel nut vanilla latte with almond milk over shaved ice with a sprinkle of chocolate cinnamon nutmeg served in a 16 oz. paper cup ain't no f'in cup-o-coffee. 

Now I Could tell you about the office party where I had my last martini's, double most of them but no need to embarrass myself - again, first time was plenty. 

• Like 5

Pretty much caught up now. Loved the shots of Lake Mich. I took my one and only trip there as a kid in my early teens. Stayed at Crystal Lake which is close to Lake Mich. Beautiful country. Colorado is gorgeous, but in a different way.

Spent yesterday goofing off and watching football. Also saw Mark Wahlberg's 'Deepwater' movie last night. Highly recommended, especially on HT.

Good day for this retiree to stay put ... maybe 5 inches of snow so far and it's still coming down. Won't really relax until Better Half Unit is home from work.

Cheers guys.

• Like 6