Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 minutes ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Can't get rid of the above tag from Chuck Ab3:mellow:

Waiting for the refrigerator guy to show up.  Third time in a year it has frozen up and now registering 50 degrees.  Good opportunity to take everything out, throw some away, and clean the inside. Almost done.

Went to doctor yesterday for URI and got some prednisone, and cough syrup with codeine, and a Pro Air inhaler.  Feeling a bit better with much less coughing.

LF on her way with ham bone and lentil soup:)

Took two R2Rs to a tech about a week ago.  He is about and hour and a half away.  The cost for routine repairs is about what I paid for the decks originally.   Must face that this could be the last rebuild for these guys.....will be a sad day as I have owned one for 43 years (Teac 3300S).

Haven't tried the Bloody Mary mix from Mark yet.  No taste buds firing.

Cheers Gents....

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Waiting for the refrigerator guy to show up.  Third time in a year it has frozen up and now registering 50 degrees.  Good opportunity to take everything out, throw some away, and clean the inside. Almost done.

Went to doctor yesterday for URI and got some prednisone, and cough syrup with codeine, and a Pro Air inhaler.  Feeling a bit better with much less coughing.

Took two R2Rs to a tech about a week ago.  He is about and hour and a half away.  The cost for routine repairs is about what I paid for the decks originally.   Must face that this could be the last rebuild for these guys.....will be a sad day as I have owned one for 43 years (Teac 3300S).

Cheers Gents....

Yes i indeed see the "Tag".

Welp, beats getting the "Banned" page 10 times a day :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Morning gang

35 and as usual, feels like it.

Yet another "River from the sky" due in wend thru next week.

Finely got the heater rebuilt and installed/working in the Rv.

Upon enjoying the heat, i discover a 55Amp 12Volt Converter as part of the breaker panel, and of course it's fried.

Got it on the bench, filthy/dust/dirt/cooked bugs.

$118 on the Bay for a new unit, but im going to check this critter over, board level componets are right up my ally.

Well i shopped for a newer fixer, i got one. will not complain, just Bi otch a lot.

e0c3c6471e4b634005aa73444817b9f1.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Ok I have to admit the reason I never drink gin, it's about as dumb a reason as there could be, surprise.

It started a very long time ago, in high school one year on the last day of school someone had a bottle of gin. I would guess it was stolen from a parent and was probably junk ? They passed the bottle around and everyone took a shot, like a dummy I took a big shot, it was terrible, really bad and i never forgot it.

Now i realize at 18 years old and stupid, and drinking something like gin from a bottle is not really a good way to understand the flavor to judge it for the next 41 years. But that taste must have made a big impression on me, I have tried many things since but never gin. 

I have only had two different kinds of martinis, a few chocolate martinis at different times with dinner on ships, and Carl's martinis in Hope. That's my only experience with martinis.   

As i remember my Gin drinkin way back in my "Sampling" days, someone bought me a Tangeray.

I was NOT ready for the taste, some people think this stuff is the cats meow, me, the smell makes me wretch.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

A chocolate martini is not a martini, would qualify as flavored drink only.

That's true, but it was really good. when Carl asked me if I wanted to try one while we were in hope I explained to him my only martini experiences, chocolate. He then knew I had never really tried a martini and went to work, I was quite shocked at the taste. Watching this you think OK if you only mix alcohol and shake it up it has got to be strong, as far as taste, it's taste like water with a slight flavor, but as far as strength it's what you watched go in it, they could be dangerous.    But I do like the thousands of tiny ice pieces, they lasted to the last drop, it's really is a good drink.

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, minermark said:

Welp, beats getting the "Banned" page 10 times a day :rolleyes:

Yep I get that alot, once I even had to type in Klipsch and go with that link. I thought it was maby my bookmarked link but no after a few tries it worked.

I have no idea, it's above my pay grade, which fortunately covers everything, i'm barely expected to pay attention, hardly even do that. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Cheers Gents....

Glad you're starting to feel better. Is the ham bone for you or your dog?:D

I went to another doctor today, she agreed with my niece, go see a cardiologist and have an "event monitor" hooked up. I think it's a little sad that I have more confidence in a 36 year old nurse than most of the doctors I've seen. She does have a masters degree and just added a business degree. Smart girl.

• Like 6

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Don't worry about it, we will just consider it a birthmark, but you know everyone will have to look at it. :huh::lol:

I think I got rid of the last one I had by either right or left clicking and the deleting it, or it was just luck it went away ?

• Like 4

Talking Gin huh?  Was in a barber shop 20 years ago reading a Playboy where the discussion was Martinis.  The Martini du jour was Bombay, stirred with  vermouth, served at 38 degrees, with a twist of lemon.  Had to try it....did...went back to Vodka.

Prednisone and cough syrup kicking in.  Feeling 82%.

Mark should be getting his goobers very soon.  Eat the ghost pepper chocolate nuts with caution.

Planning a small party at a wing place for the presidential inauguration Friday.  Mostly my high school breakfast club gang.  Anyone in the neighborhood please stop by.

• Like 6

Morning Gang

41, and in Calif, that is frost bite temp.

Sailor is heading off to Dublin today, couple weeks visit i guess, i placed my order for Single Malt.

She is doing another stint on the Cruise Ship, then wanting to live in Ireland.

Farm run, Ammo/Donuts for the Farmers.

Cold storm coming in Wend, rain for days.

Ya-All know what day it is...........Taco Time

ghn-slider-taco-tuesday.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Talking Gin huh?  Was in a barber shop 20 years ago reading a Playboy where the discussion was Martinis.  The Martini du jour was Bombay, stirred with  vermouth, served at 38 degrees, with a twist of lemon.  Had to try it....did...went back to Vodka.

Prednisone and cough syrup kicking in.  Feeling 82%.

Mark should be getting his goobers very soon.  Eat the ghost pepper chocolate nuts with caution.

Planning a small party at a wing place for the presidential inauguration Friday.  Mostly my high school breakfast club gang.  Anyone in the neighborhood please stop by.

Any political types planning to boycott your little gathering? Their loss ----

• Like 4

Ordered a bunch of "super foods" from Amazon.  Making smoothies to see if I gain energy this year.  Used Gogi berries, macca root extract, Acai, almond milk and a banana.  Wonder if I should add dark rum?

Suns trying to make an appearance.  LF out of town for a week.  May have to go get the bubble out of her garage for a bit.

Hair cut tomorrow:mellow:  My barber's name is Marvin but he has always been called Buzz.  Buzz's Barber Shop:P

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Ordered a bunch of "super foods" from Amazon.  Making smoothies to see if I gain energy this year.  Used Gogi berries, macca root extract, Acai, almond milk and a banana.  Wonder if I should add dark rum?

Suns trying to make an appearance.  LF out of town for a week.  May have to go get the bubble out of her garage for a bit.

Hair cut tomorrow:mellow:  My barber's name is Marvin but he has always been called Buzz.  Buzz's Barber Shop:P

Add some psyllium husk to that and you got a very healthy smoothie. I have one every morning. 

• Like 5