Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 1/20/2017 at 11:38 AM, Ceptorman said:

Looks good Carl, glad to see actually soldered joints and not a bunch of those shark bite things. I'm still not completely sold on them, but many swear by them.

I've been considering a tankless on demand heater. I did save a site you recommended a while back about water filters.

I use tankless heaters exclusively anymore. No experience with electric, but only natural gas fired ones. So far, I have only used shark bite fittings on some remodeling projects with NO failures. I have always lived in areas the the water needed no filtration due to water quality, but I do recommend using a particulate filter ahead of a tankless water heater. The rotary valve sensor that detects water flow can catch any debris coming from the supply line and cause the unit to not come on. A real PITA if the family is at home and you are away if that happens. 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2017 at 8:01 PM, babadono said:

I have a tankless WH albeit propane powered. Don't know what the manufacturer calls out for maintenance on the Eco Smart but what ever it might be make sure it gets done. Mine leaked all over the basement floor ruining a few items(fortunately not the KHorns or Lascalas) we were storing in the utility room. When I called up the company rep he said "have you been doing the maintenance?" I said WTF you talking 'bout? He said you have to run vinegar or CLR through it once a year. I said who the F does that? He said I bet you will now! He was right, as a matter of fact that's going to be one of my indoor chores this rainy weekend.

never heard that one....

i have the ecosence

IMG_20170122_083507.jpg

IMG_20170122_084110.jpg

• Like 2

Its been a while, thought I would drop in and let you know I am still alive. Coffee is good, working on third cup of Eight O' Clock Italian roast. Seems weather has been crazy everywhere else, weather has been good hear.  As for water heaters, I recently purchased a 50 gallon power vent to replace my 40 gallon standard vent.  I want to eliminate the chimney running across my basement bathroom, to where it runs straight out of the side of the house, plus I get the extra 10 gallons of hot water.  Once I save back up, I will get a water softener and have it all installed at once.   Anyways other than home work, kids stuff, and work, not much else going on around here.

Time to browse the web for a bit then off to finish homework (which I dread more than anything).

Peace

• Like 5

Seems like I have to try to catch up again. Been off with a toothache the past couple of days. Seeing dentist tomorrow ... could not go Friday since dentists around here only work 4 days a week. ##!!

Anyway ....whining does NOT help so I stop it now. A few good tunes, some football and a new movie are on the agenda. Cheers guys.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

never heard that one....

i have the ecosence

IMG_20170122_083507.jpg

IMG_20170122_084110.jpg

Looks like you have the isolation valves plumbed in on the bottom of the unit. They're there to make the flushing possible. Like CECAA850 said in my case the water here is really bad calcium wise. This makes the maintenance mandatory pretty much once a year. I don't know the quality of your water supply but I really would check and see what your manufacturer recommends.

• Like 4

Talk about feeling the wrath of nature. This is my brothers garage. As you can see two massive white oaks took it down last night. Since this photo we have cut the tree from the door and have been carefully removing his woodworking tools. At least the ones we can get to.

Image may contain: sky, tree, plant, car and outdoor

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Talk about feeling the wrath of nature. This is my brothers garage. As you can see two massive white oaks took it down last night. Since this photo we have cut the tree from the door and have been carefully removing his woodworking tools. At least the ones we can get to.

Drone picture?

• Like 3

Afternoon gang

Up from Nap, woke to the aroma of Black Beans boiling. some kind of Chile coming later.

Quite and sunny awaiting the next storm, soon.

Fresh-Pot-Perkin.

Gladys Cravits has sustained storm damage, (Small tree in neighbors front yard leaning over into her front yard)

Im sure i just missed the Media coverage wile napping.

Trash/Yard waste pickup on Wend, saw what appeared to be a server rack neighbor placed out there, nope

Old partical board stereo cabinet upon further inspection.

post-57941-0-68760000-1435492671.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Glad no one was damaged.

Now on the Flip side, i see a "ManCave" design pending........

• Like 10